They lost my luggage again! aaargh

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I must be lucky in this respect. Never had lost luggage, not once.

When it happens, does the lost bag usually show up sometime later on, or no?

What's the typical policy on this? Do they have X amount of time to recover it, and if not found they pay a certain amount for each lost bag?

I've had my luggage lost maybe 5 times total. Every time before this I've got it the next day. This time it went to Canada and it's mucked up in customs right now. I don't know what happens when it gets lost permanently. I know for sure I'm not getting it today. Right now I'm over 48 hours with out it.

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I've never flown before (fear of flying) but how the hell can they loose luggage if it's on the same plane?

Well I had to change planes in Denver, and I think that's where they messed up. Also, sometimes your luggage doesn't go on the same plane. It's wierd but it happens a lot.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I've never flown before (fear of flying) but how the hell can they loose luggage if it's on the same plane?

I dunno, but this is the way is supposed to work :confused:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpzTjvXs8a4]YouTube - Quicker, Gentler, More Efficient Baggage Handling[/ame]

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZt7Pu2jc6Y]YouTube - Lost Luggage[/ame]

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I've seen suitcases with huge gashes in the sides. I've also seen them with tire tread marks on them.

I used to have a Samsonite Hardside, very tough suitcase. Somehow one of the corners was dented in about 2 inches. You couldn't even do that with a 10 pound hammer. I have no idea you they did that.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I used to have a Samsonite Hardside, very tough suitcase. Somehow one of the corners was dented in about 2 inches. You couldn't even do that with a 10 pound hammer. I have no idea you they did that.

Turtle boy :)

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008

What da frick?

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Well I had to change planes in Denver, and I think that's where they messed up. Also, sometimes your luggage doesn't go on the same plane. It's wierd but it happens a lot.

HEY NOW!!!! Don't blame Denver!! :p

Oh by the way.......is it a black bag? I saw one on the side of the road near DIA. It was busted open and red, white and blue boxers were hanging out of it!! Should I go back and get it for you?........:Smiley_wink:

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
HEY NOW!!!! Don't blame Denver!! :p

Oh by the way.......is it a black bag? I saw one on the side of the road near DIA. It was busted open and red, white and blue boxers were hanging out of it!! Should I go back and get it for you?........:Smiley_wink:

I love flyig through Denver, one of the few airports left with smoking lounges in the terminals, plus they are bars, big bonus! If I can't get a direct flight out west I always try to fly through Denver. I don't have any RW&B boxers, but did you see a pair with Stewie Griffin on them? Those are mine! It is a black bag!

blyons200

Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Got my luggage back tonight, finally! Only 3 days, and 6 hours later. I had a nice little note from US customs in there about their very thorough inspection. C'mon man, lost luggage is one thing, how the hell did it end up on an International flight? It was in Edmonton, Canada!:scratch:

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Got my luggage back tonight, finally! Only 3 days, and 6 hours later. I had a nice little note from US customs in there about their very thorough inspection. C'mon man, lost luggage is one thing, how the hell did it end up on an International flight? It was in Edmonton, Canada!:scratch:

It's not just health care--the Canadians even lose your luggage slowly! :2funny:

Glad it's back, bro.