They are off next week as well like I thought

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I thought it was weird that they'd take the week they just did off then come back for a week then take labour day off. So I figured they'd be off next week as well.
I just heard an ad for a new special "The wack pack strikes back" at least its a new special and could be interesting. Hopefully it is anyways.
If not I'll just listen to Jason Ellis replays in the morning on Stars Too. BOOM!
Posted via Mobile Device

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
I just signed up for RadioIO to download Bubba's daily shows. It's another $12/month but fuck it. Stern's vacations have been killing me from the beginning, so it's worth a case of shiate beer to have additional, downloadable content.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
They can't even take Monday off and claim they can't get in because of the hurricane, then work Tuesday and Wednesday? I guess this is more than 10 weeks off per year now.

Anyone think the Thursday following Labor Day will be live? Ha!

FWIW, his schedule seems to be similar to Conan's.

Bandit 5160

Oct 31, 2008
It is an absolute joke that Sirius-XM allows Howard and his crew this much time off instead of laying down the law. Howard controls Sirius-XM and it should be the other way around.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
It is an absolute joke that Sirius-XM allows Howard and his crew this much time off instead of laying down the law. Howard controls Sirius-XM and it should be the other way around.

Bubba did TWO shows on Sirius, and you see where that got him. Sirius is all about the bottom line, just like any other business.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I don't like it but hey, Sirius signerd the deal. It was probably the only way to get him back and they didn't want to lose him.
I don't really get mad at Howard either because who wouldn't take a deal like that at their work if they could get it?
My only complaint about it is the lack of other original live content when they're off.
Posted via Mobile Device

jl1718

Oct 13, 2008
Sucks, but I have found other things to listen too. I can't imagine that much of anybody will be around to hear the show in years three through five of this deal. I bet part of the lawsuit settlement let's him bolt out soon.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
fuck. i thought they were back this week. looking forward to new shows though, no matter how long it takes to get em.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

Remember it just the 5 in studio guys that are off. The rest of the crew will be working. I remember some of them saying how fucked up it is that Benji gets all that vacation time and Thursdays and Fridays off. The other in studio guys have put in 20 or more years. Atleast Artie was off because he had shows and other things to do.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
I guess I"m the only one that assumed they'd be off this week? I'd be surprised if they are live the week of 9/5. I just assumed that they would be off until 9/12.

The Butler

Oct 14, 2008
Canton-Massillon, Ohio
It's not so much that Howard is off that bothers me, it's the utter lack of programming on the channels. Last week was all regurgitated BS. Put some efforts in the channels.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Podcast willy for me when he's on vacation. Have found a few new ones to listen to during my commute to make it less dull.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Bubba did TWO shows on Sirius, and you see where that got him. Sirius is all about the bottom line, just like any other business.

He allowed Sirius to play tapes. I can't imagine they paid BTLS a lot for those tapes. I can't imagine they paid him much for four hours a week, either. Maybe he could forsee things, the way he was always hawking BubbaArmy.com stuff and having girls in the studio for BubbaRaw segments.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I didn't really think about it this week but it makes sense for them to be off. They would never come back to do a week and then do a short week the next.

Maybe Howard will come back to work next Tuesday feeling very refreshed and ready to rock the rest of the year????

hahahahahahahhaha. I know, I know, hahahhahahhahahaa.

RDog

Oct 18, 2008
I'm eager to hear the first hour when they return just to hear about Robin taking a trip, Benjy doing something weird of which there is audio/video of, Fred doing nothing he wants to talk about on the air, and Howard talking about how he is into photography and spent the time off taking pictures of Beth.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
It's not so much that Howard is off that bothers me, it's the utter lack of programming on the channels. Last week was all regurgitated BS. Put some efforts in the channels.

I agree. its been 6 years now. I have had enough tapes to last me a lifetime. I need live programming. or something that hasn't been aired. to have tapes playing every afternoon in place of an actual show instead is ridiculous. and to think a paying audience is willing to silently put up with 8 straight hours of best of programming a day is beyond ridiculous. terrestrial radio would never pull such a thing.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Howard doesn't care but isn't it TIM SABIENS JOB TO CARE?

I still have no idea what he does all day. Minus the one hour shows that provide for the wack packers, he has Howard and Farrel as the ONLY live programming on TWO channels.

WTF?

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
I like to hear some new Stern shows, but last week special "Introducing the Wack Pack" was pretty good, but now this week special "The Wack Pack strikes back" sucks. I'm listening to Stern Shuffle on 101 and that is more entertaining.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
I just can't do the "best of" anymore. We've had them for 6 years. Give us something new.

A best of in the morning following by a live program starting at 10am. Anything would be better than this.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
I just can't do the "best of" anymore. We've had them for 6 years. Give us something new.

A best of in the morning following by a live program starting at 10am. Anything would be better than this.

I totally agree. I dont even listen to all that best of anymore either. I've had enough of it.