Theme Songs #114

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Hello and welcome to Theme Songs. The game where every song has one thing in common, and you have to guess what that is.

4 video clues to guess the category.

This week's category involves the ARTIST.

Starting with Clue #1: The Fugees

Good luck!

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Bands whose lead singers had success as solo artists.
:bigbananadance:

Congrats, Chuck!

This week's theme is Bands with #1's that also achieved #1 as solo artists (or in the case of Genesis with another band, as I'll explain!)

The Fugees scored a #1 with Killing Me Softly, a cover of the old Roberta Flack tune. While Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean had #1's on their own.

Genesis scored a #1 with the song 'Invisible Touch', while Phil Collins had his #1 with the cover of 'Groovy Kind of Love', and Mike Rutherford scored a #1 with Mike and the Mechanics with a song called 'The Living Years'.

Black Eyed Peas had a few #1 hits as a band, including 'Boom Boom Pow' and 'Where's The Love', along with Fergie and Will.I.Am. who scored solo #1s themselves.

And the last clue:

The Beatles scored a #1 with 'All You Need Is Love' along with multiple #1 hits by Paul McCartney, John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr in their respective solo careers. In fact the Beatles pretty much invented the category as no one before had done it.

And as an aside, there's been a recent addition to the exclusive club:

One direction scored a few #1's as a band, while members Zayn and Harry Styles recently scored #1's on their own. Making them only the 5th band in history to do so.

New Game Next Week!