Oct 21, 2008
I love german cars, but these are to ugly:

McDdonalds tablets station

and tis one too, a Ford Ka (Europe, Latin America:

what about this:

and some HOT tuning:

Oct 10, 2008
Chicago
Not funny. Plus I don't think you explained the joke to the audience well.

Audience,
The joke here is that Taylor drives a Neon, a real nice one too. He was kind enough to let me drive it once and it was a very smooth and fast ride. I posted the pictures just to get under his skin because he loves his car and takes good care of it. He also has it decked out in some really sweet audio gear and loves to display it. In reality I think the car looks great and is a fine automobile. Plus, I have no car of my own. Laughs all around and thanks for being a good sport Taylor.

ibbis

Oct 21, 2008
Now that makes sense.

Anyway the Fiat Multipla jwt873 posted about is true the fucking ugliest car I've ever seen.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
I have an order placed for one of these. I have been waiting since July and should get it around March.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
What is the MPG for those Smart Cars?
33 city, 41 hwy (but you'd have to be insane to take it on the highway). I looked into them, and they cost way too much for a 2 person vehicle. Oh, and they have to have premium gas. They don't seem all that smart to me.

Manco

Oct 14, 2008
DAB, when did you buy your car for 12G? That sounds like a good deal, was it new or used? What MPG do you get on the Scion?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
33 city, 41 hwy (but you'd have to be insane to take it on the highway). I looked into them, and they cost way too much for a 2 person vehicle. Oh, and they have to have premium gas. They don't seem all that smart to me.
Yeah that doesn't seem very smart at all. I've also heard the side crash test are not real good on those cars either, but I really don't know much about them.

DAB, when did you buy your car for 12G? That sounds like a good deal, was it new or used? What MPG do you get on the Scion?
March 27, 2008 is when I bought my personal xB.

Here is the story from SBS:

I got a new vehicle this week too. Well not brand new, but mine has sort of a sad story to go along with it.

One of my co-workers was telling me about his mother-in-law having to sell a vehicle. But was having a hard time parting with it. Well come to find out she had purchased the car for a grand son, but he had gotten sick and simply was not going to recover. Well she had kept this car locked up in a garage for well over a year. It was purchased brand new and only has 1,133 miles on it. So, needless to say this young man had not driven it much. Well to make a long story short, I bought this vehicle. I spent hours talking to this lady and allowing her to process her feelings. Eventually she said well lets do it, because I know that car needs to come out of that garage because sitting up isn't doing it any good. So, we looked up current blue book value on it and I made her an offer. She accepted.

So what is the mystery ride? It is a 2006 Scion xB made by Toyota. It is Thunder Cloud Metallic. I found out one thing about these little box cars, folks either really love them or they hate them and say their are so freaking ugly. I personally love it. What I love even more is that it gets around 35 MPG on the highway. It is fully loaded, keyless entry with alarm, power door locks and windows with sunroof. Premium Pioneer Stereo with 6 speakers and an amp, plus XM Radio with Steering wheel controls and iPod connector and separate aux-input.

I puchased it for $12,000, plus the tax and tags.

I can't get over how roomy this thing is inside. Getting in and out of it is like a dream. Being able to put the rear seats down gives plenty of room for hauling some pretty sizeable stuff. Today my son and I gave it a good bath and pampered the inside very well with a good cleaning and freshing up. It looks like it just came off the show room floor.

My Nissan Frontier is 10 years old now and I was just beginning to think about buying again. Looks like this purchase sort of just fell in my lap. Now I am going to customize it a little bit. I plan to put a chrom exhaust tip on it, I just ordered a rear spoiler for it which the auto body shop has agreed to install for $25.00. I also ordered a cargo matt which saves on wear and tear for the carpeted seats and stuff when you have them down for cargo use.

I've done a lot more customizing on it since then. TRD exhaust, along with front and rear sway bars, new tail lights, lighting kit inside just to name a few.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
If you go to the Smart car forums (Smart Car of America) and read about mileage what they say is that for the first few thousand miles the cars get around 35 combined, after the break in period 45 combine seems to be the average. Smart gets the highest mpg for any non hybrid car. I have driven the car a few times from a car share company and there are no issues driving this car on a highway. The smart I am buying is less then 14k. I don't see that as outrageously high or expensive. They do recommend 91 octane for the car. It's a 71 hp 3 cylinder so it needs the cleaner gas to get the best out of the engine. I am okay with using less gas that costs 20 cents more. I will still be cutting my gas costs by more then 60%
DAB said:
Yeah that doesn't seem very smart at all. I've also heard the side crash test are not real good on those cars either, but I really don't know much about them.
The 2008 smart fortwo achieved the highest ratings from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) for front and side crashworthiness. We encourage you to see for yourself how the smart performed in the tests conducted by the IIHS by visiting IIHS-HLDI: Crash Testing*&*Highway Safety. http://www.smartusa.com/is-the-smart-fortwo-car-safe.aspx

To each their own of course, but I live in a city where parking is tight and I have a 24 mile each way commute and my last car was a Jeep Wrangler that got about 17-20 mpg. I will gladly take the 45 mpg over the 17 mpg. A gallon a day v 2+ gallons a day. Depending on what part of the country you live in the wait can be up to two years to get this car. If you do the research you will find its a quality car.

I will agree that it is not a car for everyone. It is little and it weighs 1500 lbs which is less then Artie Lange weighs. There is not much room for stuff and it is a basic economy car. If you like bells and whistles and want the finest trim, this is not for you. But if you want a great city car that is excellent on gas you can't go wrong. And remember, it was designed and built by Mercedes Benz.

Toyota has a car that will be similar to the smart car that will most likely end up being a scion. Its called the IQ but its not available yet.
2009 Toyota iQ revealed (updated)

but hey I will beep my horn and wave hello at you guys when I drive past you at the gas stations :p

Last edited:

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
if my '06 tacoma wasn't paid off i'd be in the market for a new xB. They are really nice looking cars and offer a lot of room for their size. I was almost ready to buy a Mazda 3 a few months ago, but it felt a bit cramped. I like the looks of the old xB, and I think the new ones look even better.

Wolf

Rainbow Sherbet WILL ALWAYS BE ICE CREAM!
Oct 11, 2008
Koop's Basement
www.wolfyre13.com
To me the The Scion xB was one ugly car, mainly a box on wheels but it finally grew on me. Specially the new xB. But to me these are the world's uglist cars:

Honda Element

Pontiac Aztec

Smart Car

I just want a Hummer to eat that Smart Car and shit it out as a giant piece of dump!

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
How about this one - Mazda Nagare? Don't worry, it's only a concept car!

Or how about this beauty from years past? :shock:

jwt873

Oct 12, 2008
Or how about this beauty from years past? :shock:
I would love to get my hands on one of those.... There's a service station not far from where I live and the owner has a Pacer rusting away in his outdoor compound. I asked him what he wanted for it and he said he wouldn't sell it for any price.

It bugs me to see it degrading year after year as I drive by.

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
Scions RULE!!! Plus the company is very good to the customers. They paid for several hundred of us to go to Vegas for their ad campaign, just one of many cool deals. My xB is the dark green one in the center of the first row, with the SCION plate behind the grill: