The World's Best Macaroni and Cheese Recipe

Bagman

Oct 15, 2008
The ATL
This comes to you compliments of Mother Bagley...

2 cups uncooked macaroni
1 cup grated sharp cheese
3/4 can evaporated milk (large can)
1/4 stick of butter
3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese

Cook macaroni. In a 2 quart casserole, place 1/2 of the cooked macaroni. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated cheese. Slice Velveeta and place 1/2 of that over grated cheese. Repeat layers. Slice butter over top. Then add milk. Sprinkle top with a little more grated cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, inserting knife occasionally to let milk spread over cheese.

Enjoy!

9FNZ

Oct 18, 2008
Sounds like an artery clogger for sure, but sounds really really good. Gonna have to try it soon. :yesshake:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Give Mother Bagley a Marconi Award for her World's Best Macaroni and Cheese Recipe...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Sorry, but any Mac & Cheese recipe that uses Velveeta (and no roux!!!) is going to taste like my mother's . . . and my mother couldn't cook to save her life. She lost the recipe to ice cubes and once burned a pot of water.

Now my dad? My dad was the cook of the house and he made some badass Mac & Cheese. But you have to make a roux to get badass Mac & Cheese. And no Velveeta!! Cheddar, Fontina, and Parmagiano Reggiano only.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
This comes to you compliments of Mother Bagley...

2 cups uncooked macaroni
1 cup grated sharp cheese
3/4 can evaporated milk (large can)
1/4 stick of butter
3/4 lb. Velveeta cheese

Cook macaroni. In a 2 quart casserole, place 1/2 of the cooked macaroni. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup grated cheese. Slice Velveeta and place 1/2 of that over grated cheese. Repeat layers. Slice butter over top. Then add milk. Sprinkle top with a little more grated cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes, inserting knife occasionally to let milk spread over cheese.

Enjoy!

Didnt you refer to this as "fried mac and cheese" on the show? I was ready to call you out on baking "fried mac and cheese"!:nana:

But it sounds awesome! Cracker Barrel had something like this at one time, only it also had several meats in it, yum yum!

Bagman

Oct 15, 2008
The ATL
Didnt you refer to this as "fried mac and cheese" on the show? I was ready to call you out on baking "fried mac and cheese"!:nana:

But it sounds awesome! Cracker Barrel had something like this at one time, only it also had several meats in it, yum yum!

The Fried Mac and Cheese reference was from Speedway yesterday. You couldnt deep fry this if you tried... you first have to get it off the spoon. :p

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
The Fried Mac and Cheese reference was from Speedway yesterday. You couldnt deep fry this if you tried... you first have to get it off the spoon. :p

Oh crap, Im busted!:loser: Look at me, I claim to not like SS, and here I am remembering something from it. Guess I must have stop by there as I was passing thru the channel.:smug: