The Village

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
How has the music on the Village been since the merger ?

Is it still one of the better programed channels on XM ?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
XM 15 | Sirius 808-Online

Here is a good show to listen to around St. Patricks Day

Sunday February 6, 6:00 am – 12:00 pm ET

A six-hour mix of traditional British, Irish and Scottish music, produced and hosted by Robert Aubry...

Upcoming Airings:
Friday February 11, 6:00 pm – 12:00 am ET
Sunday February 13, 6:00 am – 12:00 pm ET

The Village - Folk music from past to the present.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Steve Martin visits with Ned Luberecki
Sun 6/19 3:00 pm ET
Steve Martin stops by Bluegrass Junction to visit with Ned Luberecki for Ned's Sunday Banjo Lesson. Steve talks about how he got started on the banjo, his new CD with the Steep Canyon Rangers, Rare Bird Alert, plus he plays banjo live in the studio. (1 hr)

Sorry, this will be on Bluegrass Junction SXM 61, not The Village

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
I still want them to put The Village on Sirius, not just XM. I know it’s on Sirius on the internet, that does me no good if I’m in the car.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Steve Martin visits with Ned Luberecki
Sun 6/19 3:00 pm ET
Steve Martin stops by Bluegrass Junction to visit with Ned Luberecki for Ned's Sunday Banjo Lesson. Steve talks about how he got started on the banjo, his new CD with the Steep Canyon Rangers, Rare Bird Alert, plus he plays banjo live in the studio. (1 hr)

Sorry, this will be on Bluegrass Junction SXM 61, not The Village

Steve is very entertaining and a damn good banjo player with the Steep Canyon Rangers. Even though he tries to stay serious, his natural humor always peeks through every once in a while. They were great on the PBS 4th of July special "A Capitol Fourth."
Watch Steve Martin Sizzle on A Capitol Fourth | A Capitol Fourth | PBS Video

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Never heard of this band- anyone here know about this?

Genticorum Live
Fri 7/29 12:00 am ET
Join us for an hour-long recorded performance featuring Genticorum, straight from the heart of Quebec. They have a new CD on Mad River Records called, Nagez Rameurs. (1 hr)

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Village on The Bridge
Sundays @ 6 am - 10 am
Hosted by Mary Sue Twohy, “The Village Folk Show†features classic and contemporary folk artists. This week we celebrate 40 years of "Will the Circle Be Unbroken" with John McEuen of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band on his special anniversary edition show of Acoustic Traveller, 8:30 AM ET, 5:30 AM PT.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Village Folk Show
On The Bridge

Sun 10/28 6:00 am ET
This week Mary Sue Twohy speaks with Art Garfunkel about his latest album "The Singer" around 8:30 AM ET. Tune in!

41pymPRItVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon Review:
Pulling together one man's remarkable career in music, The Singer is a 34-song collection of songs hand-picked by the artist himself. Spanning a life's body of work from the first Simon & Garfunkel album of 1964 (Wednesday Morning, 3 AM) through 2007's Great American Songbook album (Some Enchanted Evening) and continuing with two newly recorded performances for this release ("Lena" and "Long Way Home"). The Singer includes every #1 U.S. and UK solo hit "All I Know," "Breakaway," "I Only Have Eyes For You," "My Little Town" (with Paul Simon), "(What A) Wonderful World" (with Simon & James Taylor), "Bright Eyes" and more!

In addition to curating The Singer, Garfunkel provides his own personal track-by-track annotations, which appear in the booklet in his handwritten form. The notes are as unique as Garfunkel himself.

The voice and soul of a true American poet have illuminated the work of Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee Art Garfunkel for nearly five decades. It is there on record the Simon & Garfunkel LPs of 1964 to 1970 on Columbia, and his deep catalog as a solo artist starting in 1973 (the first six albums also on Columbia) as well as in film, and on the printed page (his 1987 collection of prose poetry, Still Water). Five-time Grammy® Award-winner Art Garfunkel has always approached every new project with the poet's perspective.

"What is the singing voice to me? A name, a skill, or a flag I see? A certain thrill the gift of glide, the ride on the cusp of emotion, uplift from the heart to the cords, love for the song, for the sound." Art Garfunkel.

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
The Village Folk Show
On The Bridge

Sun 10/28 6:00 am ET
This week Mary Sue Twohy speaks with Art Garfunkel about his latest album "The Singer" around 8:30 AM ET. Tune in!

Amazon Review:
Pulling together one man's remarkable career in music, The Singer is a 34-song collection of songs hand-picked by the artist himself. Spanning a life's body of work from the first Simon & Garfunkel album of 1964 (Wednesday Morning, 3 AM) through 2007's Great American Songbook album (Some Enchanted Evening) and continuing with two newly recorded performances for this release ("Lena" and "Long Way Home"). The Singer includes every #1 U.S. and UK solo hit "All I Know," "Breakaway," "I Only Have Eyes For You," "My Little Town" (with Paul Simon), "(What A) Wonderful World" (with Simon & James Taylor), "Bright Eyes" and more!

I caught this show this morning. Sometimes I'm up and listen, sometimes not. I haven't heard Breakaway since I was sophomore in high school.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This show is also available On Demand

The Village Folk Show
On The Bridge

Sunday 11/25 6:00 am ET
Mary Sue Twohy speaks with Kathy Mattea about her latest album "Calling Me Home" on Sugarhill - the singing, the songs and the making of the album. Join us!

61QaH-U4hzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon Review
Most artists take fewer and fewer risks as they get older, but Kathy Mattea is a striking exception. She didn't play it safe while she charted mainstream country hits 16 of them reaching the top ten and she's not about to start now. Four years ago, Mattea, one of the most sure-footed country-pop song interpreters of her generation, caught everyone off guard with an album of old-timey Appalachian mining songs called Coal. She s delved even deeper into her Appalachian heritage with Calling Me Home, available from Sugar Hill. Co-produced with modern acoustic mastermind Gary Paczosa and featuring liner notes from bestselling author, and Kentucky-born kindred spirit, Barbara Kingsolver.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Village Folk Show
On The Bridge

Sunday 11/25 6:00 am ET
Mary Sue Twohy speaks with Kathy Mattea about her latest album "Calling Me Home" on Sugarhill - the singing, the songs and the making of the album. Join us!

61QaH-U4hzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon Review
Most artists take fewer and fewer risks as they get older, but Kathy Mattea is a striking exception. She didn't play it safe while she charted mainstream country hits 16 of them reaching the top ten and she's not about to start now. Four years ago, Mattea, one of the most sure-footed country-pop song interpreters of her generation, caught everyone off guard with an album of old-timey Appalachian mining songs called Coal. She s delved even deeper into her Appalachian heritage with Calling Me Home, available from Sugar Hill. Co-produced with modern acoustic mastermind Gary Paczosa and featuring liner notes from bestselling author, and Kentucky-born kindred spirit, Barbara Kingsolver.
Now Available On Demand

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
This Sunday @ 8:00 am

This week master songwriter Janis Ian joins us for a live performance. Join us! Remember, you can listen to The Village Folk Show anytime On Demand.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
The Village Folk Show
This week John McEuen hosts a special holiday edition of Acoustic Traveller. Join us! Remember, you can listen to The Village Folk Show anytime On Demand.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
[Admin- please change title of this thread to 'The Village on The Bridge'

]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9d/David_Bromberg%2C_Loudis_Recital_Hall%2C_University_of_Delaware%2C_1984.jpg/220px-David_Bromberg%2C_Loudis_Recital_Hall%2C_University_of_Delaware%2C_1984.jpg[/IMG]

The Village Folk Show with Mary Sue Twohy featuring guest DJ David Bromberg!

Tomorrow 6:00 am ET

150px-The_Bridge_logo.svg.png

Did you ever wonder what kind of radio host David Bromberg would make? Wonder no more - David joins us in the studios with a long list of songs (we made two shows...) and stories that will keep you riveted. Listen anytime On Demand

David Bromberg (born September 19, 1945) is an American multi-instrumentalist, singer, and songwriter. An eclectic artist, Bromberg plays bluegrass, blues, folk, jazz, country and western, and rock and roll equally well. He is known for his quirky, humorous lyrics, and the ability to play rhythm and lead guitar at the same time. Bromberg has played with many famous musicians, including Jerry Jeff Walker, Willie Nelson, Jorma Kaukonen, Jerry Garcia, Rusty Evans (The Deep) and Bob Dylan. He co-wrote the song "The Holdup" with former Beatle George Harrison, who played on Bromberg's self-titled 1972 album. In 2008, he was nominated for a Grammy Award.

Last edited: