The Village

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
Anyone have any thoughts as to if The Village expected to survive the upcoming channel merger? It would be great if I could finally get The Village on Sirius, as I still miss Folktown, but knowing Mel's history I fear The Village may be another casualty.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Folktown was a good channel. Like you said, I'd be worried about The Village's chances of surviving, but I'd hope it would.

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
Does anyone know the address (e-mail and/or snail-mail) of the people involved in this decision? It's probably best to write to the person making the decision, with a copy to his or her boss, to help the peson support the decision when it is reviewed at the higher level.

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
Nah, I think you need to write to the people who are making the decision. Obviously the people at The Village are already in favor of keeping their jobs.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
I knew we were going to lose this channel. Why did they take it off the sats like a week after the merger ?

SpaceKitty

Nov 21, 2008
I knew we were going to lose this channel. Why did they take it off the sats like a week after the merger ?

It's coming back December 26. Right now they are "borrowing" the bandwidth for another channel that will go away on the 26th so the Village can come back.

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
Supposedly it's only on hiatus for the holiday programming., and is supposed to come back December 26. But when I wrote to XM, the reply I got indicated that they think very few people listen to The Village. So obviously we all need to write and let them know otherwise if we don't want this to become permanent.

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
Sorry for the duplicate reply, it looks like I was writing my reply at the same time another person was writing essentially the same thing.

Anyway, here are an address you can write:

Scott Greenstein <mailto:SGreenstein@siriusradio.com>

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
The background wallpaper for the Village doesn't show on my Inno now.

Folk Music who needs it, AC/DC Radio ..where do I sign up ? :(

Anyone know of some good folk music podcasts ?

kc1ih

Oct 16, 2008
Hudson, Florida
For the first couple of weeks of the hiatus I still got the weekly Village newsletter. That has not come for a couple of weeks now, which has me worried.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
The placeholder channel on XM 15 disappeared a few days ago. When they first took the bandwidth, they ran a looped announcement, but now channel 15 doesn't even show up. That's not a good sign.