The Village

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by kc1ih, Oct 16, 2008.

1. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

I wonder if it has quietly become a casualty of the Strobe/Backspin returns.
  2. almaniac27

almaniac27 Member

Channel 15 was back on my XM for a few minutes today. It was just called "Folk" and when I selected it, it redirected to Radio Hanukkah.
  3. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

I got a Village newsletter today, saying that the date of their return has been postponed to January 2. So I'm cautiously optimistic at this point.
  4. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

I think The Village has quietly been canned. It is no longer on the XM website at all in any way, shape, or form.
  5. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

XM Satellite Radio. Beyond AM. Beyond FM. XM

The Village - XM 15 (on hiatus till January 2, 2009 due to
    holiday programming)

XM 15 Wednesdays | Noon ET The Village
  6. semipenguin

semipenguin Bum Looker

I hope they do bring back The Village. I've never really listened to it and would like to spend some time with it...:)

Right now my radio goes from 14 to 16. The XM Channel line up doesn't show The Village anywhere. I'll check again tomorrow...:)
  7. Bandit 5160

Bandit 5160 Member

I did not see this on the website, but I'm glad its there. It's just that Cinemagic kept its channel page while on hiatus, and so did The Bridge. The Village's page was not there at all, so that made me suspicious. But this gives me new optimism that it will indeed be back on at midnight. We shall see!
  8. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

My XpressRC didn't show The Bridge on the dial until just before midnight last night. Remember on the XM side they can add channels on the fly, so they don't alway leave a channel up like Sirius does. This is what I've always liked about XM. They will take a regular channel off line sometimes while that space is being used by another channel and then just add it back when needed.

We'll know tonight at midnight if this baby is coming back or not. Indications are that it will, but no one knows for sure. I hope it does return!
  9. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

The Village is Back! :bigthumbup:
  10. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

And let’s let them know that we don’t want it taken away again!
  11. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

It was very nice to hear this great channel again, but I get the feeling this channel might turn into another Bridge and get replaced at every whim and fancy
  12. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Fergz where the hell you been? I've not seen you on much lately. :bluecool:

Your feeling just might be right on in regards to The Village!
  13. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Happy Birthday, Woody Guthrie
    Tues 7/12 6:00 pm ET
    Join Joel Rafael for a one-hour special celebrating Woody Guthrie's birthday on July 14! (1 hr) > Rebroadcast: Thurs 7/14 11:00 am ET
  14. SIRIUSaboutXM

SIRIUSaboutXM DRC Special Contributor

Never heard of this band- anyone here know about this?

Genticorum Live
    Fri 7/29 12:00 am ET
    Join us for an hour-long recorded performance featuring Genticorum, straight from the heart of Quebec. They have a new CD on Mad River Records called, Nagez Rameurs. (1 hr)