The Village

Discussion in 'Country, Christian, Gospel' started by kc1ih, Oct 16, 2008.

1. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Anyone have any thoughts as to if The Village expected to survive the upcoming channel merger? It would be great if I could finally get The Village on Sirius, as I still miss Folktown, but knowing Mel's history I fear The Village may be another casualty.
  2. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

Folktown was a good channel. Like you said, I'd be worried about The Village's chances of surviving, but I'd hope it would.
  3. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Does anyone know the address (e-mail and/or snail-mail) of the people involved in this decision? It's probably best to write to the person making the decision, with a copy to his or her boss, to help the peson support the decision when it is reviewed at the higher level.
  4. satrad65

satrad65 New Member

Here's hoping the Village makes the cut; good folk music!
  5. TX WJ

TX WJ Intelligent Donkey

There needs to be a place for one Folk channel.
  6. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

It's a great channel that plays niche music, and its probably gone.
  7. REMilk

REMilk New Member

The replies I have received from Mary Sue Twohy only say keep your fingers crossed!
  8. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

So, who do we write (e-mail and/or snail mail address) to express our support?
  9. REMilk

REMilk New Member

10. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Nah, I think you need to write to the people who are making the decision. Obviously the people at The Village are already in favor of keeping their jobs.
  11. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

I knew we were going to lose this channel. Why did they take it off the sats like a week after the merger ?
  12. SpaceKitty

SpaceKitty Member

It's coming back December 26. Right now they are "borrowing" the bandwidth for another channel that will go away on the 26th so the Village can come back.
  13. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Supposedly it's only on hiatus for the holiday programming., and is supposed to come back December 26. But when I wrote to XM, the reply I got indicated that they think very few people listen to The Village. So obviously we all need to write and let them know otherwise if we don't want this to become permanent.
  14. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Sorry for the duplicate reply, it looks like I was writing my reply at the same time another person was writing essentially the same thing.

Anyway, here are an address you can write:

Scott Greenstein <mailto:SGreenstein@siriusradio.com>
  15. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

The background wallpaper for the Village doesn't show on my Inno now.

Folk Music who needs it, AC/DC Radio ..where do I sign up ? :(

Anyone know of some good folk music podcasts ?
  16. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

For the first couple of weeks of the hiatus I still got the weekly Village newsletter. That has not come for a couple of weeks now, which has me worried.
  17. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing This space for rent

Its supposed to come back after the Xmas channels are done.
  18. kc1ih

kc1ih Member

Supposed to, I’ll believe it when I hear it!
  19. almaniac27

almaniac27 New Member

The placeholder channel on XM 15 disappeared a few days ago. When they first took the bandwidth, they ran a looped announcement, but now channel 15 doesn't even show up. That's not a good sign.
  20. Fergz99

Fergz99 Member

If you look at the Village page on XM's wbsite it lists two different return dates, one says 12/26 and one says 1/2/09.

I just don't understand why they can't leave such a great channel like this alone

http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/channelpage.xmc?ch=15
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2008