The Switch Over Just Happened on XM

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I was listening to America 10 and there was a pause and Then is said Welcome to The Roadhouse!

Totally seamless on XM, that was smooth! Now they will have to work on updating the channel graphics on the Color displays.

Others?

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
Cinemagic is off the air. The channel number updates have happened on XM but not the channel names on the wallpapers. It truly is Sirius running the show.

JJS

Oct 13, 2008
High Standards played Maude Maggart's "Beyond Compare" with a couple of silent testing gaps, to the end...then cut over to Siriusly Sinatra for Tony Bennett's "Who Can I Turn To" which was well in progress.

Now they're playing Chet Baker: There is No Greater Love. I consider that a High Standards track that would not have been heard on Siriusly Sinatra before now. Maybe I'm wrong about that. But ideally elements of both channels will remain.

bwaldron

Oct 18, 2008
Tampa Bay, FL
Cinemagic is off the air. The channel number updates have happened on XM but not the channel names on the wallpapers. It truly is Sirius running the show.

All new names are in place on the XM channels via DirecTV...of course, no logos/wallpapers to deal with there ;)

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
I was listening to America 10 and there was a pause and Then is said Welcome to The Roadhouse!

Totally seamless on XM, that was smooth! Now they will have to work on updating the channel graphics on the Color displays.

Others?

Seamless here. Last song ever on Lucy was Tori Amos covering Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Song ended, 1/2 second pause, channel name changed to Lithium and it was over.

Very impressed w/ the XM change over. All new channels were just "there" instantly.

Oct 14, 2008

a very sad day for satelite radio. sirius' music will be the death of satellite radio. r.i.p.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
and Lucy's already grunge crazy ... i better stop before I jump out of a window.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

It will take some time for the wallpapers and/or channel icons to update, they may even do that tomorrow. When they added Gore it took a good couple of hours before my tuner was updated with the background and channel icon.

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
Ok, Lithium can go fuck itself at this point. A 1/2 hr in and it's Oasis Wonderwall.

Awful. We need a petition to bring back Lucy ASAP. This Lithium channel is as horrendous as I remembered when it first debuted.

comicexpressions

Nov 12, 2008
Well, I was listening to XM Kids at the time of the changeover. It wasn't totally seamless on my XPress, but it wasn't bad. It cut out and the name changed on the receiver but I had no audio until I turned it off and back on. Kiss The Girl was the first song to play on Kids Place Live, IIRC. Toast! was the last song to play on XM Kids.

The promos are pretty cool, but I shall wait till tmw. to see if the excellent XM Kids programming has survived. So far I'm very hopeful, and about ready to buy a Sirius receiver when I have a bit more money (because Sirius' satellite system has MUCH better reception this far north - I used to have Sirius. The programming was terrible but the reception was superior to XM)

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
The name changes have happened on my saved songs on my inno, and they are all kinds of screwed up too.

The Sky Is Falling !!!!! LMAO

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Ok, Lithium can go fuck itself at this point. A 1/2 hr in and it's Oasis Wonderwall.

Awful. We need a petition to bring back Lucy ASAP. This Lithium channel is as horrendous as I remembered when it first debuted.

Odd, Lithium hasn't played Oasis Yet tonite. In fact, they haven't played it since yesterday. At least, not Lithium on Sirius.

Whatever is coming out of Lithium on XM is not the same as Lithium on Sirius, ATM.

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Soul Town XMis playing the same thing as Soul Town Sirius, yet its readout is stuck on the last artist/song (Freddie Hughes- Oo Wee) before the switchover. Hmmmmm lots of glitches, fun huh? :p

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008

I'll sign it. This is crap already. Lucy was such a great channel and now we have crap. I feel a Pearl Jam song is due any fuckin minute ...ugh this is so not necessary

styckx

Nov 11, 2008
I'll sign it. This is crap already. Lucy was such a great channel and now we have crap. I feel a Pearl Jam song is due any fuckin minute ...ugh this is so not necessary

This is horrible. An hour into it and every song played is a hit. Nothing obscure, nothing I never heard before. God fucking dammit, this is why I dumped Sirius in the first place.

I fucking hate Lithium.