The Strobe is back...

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
...however...

It's still great but it seems like they made no or few additions and sadly as I feared, during the hours that I heard, not a single freestyle track. The closet they came was Alisha "Too Turned On". They better figure out the that Strobe is not just a disco and post disco dance pop station and bring back the freestyle since obviously the 80s on 8 refuses to play it! A little bit disappointed they didn't change the name, too. Guess they are really trying to save money...

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
Well its back, so now folks can bitch about the playlist again! LOL

Why bring it back and shrink the playlist....they used to play great freestyle (and they even say on the site they play freestyle). Why do they insist on making all the music channels as homogenized as possible?

Also, by change the name I mean the fact that it is still Cinemagic on the screen.

Last edited:

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Why bring it back and shrink the playlist....they used to play great freestyle (and they even say on the site they play freestyle). Why do they insist on making all the music channels as homogenized as possible?

Also, by change the name I mean the fact that it is still Cinemagic on the screen.

Honestly Vinny, this is SIRIUS, your expectations are way, way too high!

Why do you think so many of us now have Slacker?

Just look at the '80s channel initially it was great, then of course they using your term have homogenized it in the same fashion that Sirius is known for.

You know I try to stay positive for sat radio and especially being a mod here. But damn... They are killing themselves with this stupid shit they keep doing.

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
I can't wait until April when I can just add on an XM radio to my account or maybe I'll get one of those MiRGE radios and upgrade the Best of XM to an XM Everything lifetime add-on.

Oh well, at least I can still enjoy Cinemagic (despite paying $7.99/month for XM Radio Online).

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
They seem to have added the freestyle. All is right with the world. I just hope that this isn't a limited engagement. Part of me thinks they are bringing it back but by burying it (81, not near any of dance or even pop or R&B stations), having a very small page on Sirius.com that doesn't allow feedback AND by having no DJs (so far, it seems) and of course misnaming it, ("I thought the disco station was supposed to be here...what is Cinemagic?), they are sending mixed signals. The music is still great, though, even if it is temporary.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well here I was agreeing with Vinny and he decides to give me a bad rep for doing so. You just can't win with posters like you