The Beat Morning Show launches on BPM

NEW YORK, Dec. 16 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio today announced
the return of two music channels: The Strobe and Backspin. SIRIUS XM
listeners will be able to listen to The Strobe and Backspin beginning
Thursday, January 15.

The Strobe and Backspin will bring back disco/classic dance and old school
hip-hop respectively to SIRIUS and XM. Additionally, The Beat Morning Show
will launch on BPM on January 15. The daily show will feature popular dance
hits and be hosted by former Beat program director Geronimo.

"Bringing back The Strobe and Backspin, and adding The Beat Morning Show, is
part of our commitment to respond to our subscribers' overwhelming passion
for our service," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer,
SIRIUS XM Radio. "We are fortunate to have an enthusiastic audience that
embraces satellite radio with unprecedented fervor. We will continue to
listen to them as we strive to create the best audio entertainment experience
available."

The Strobe channel will showcase the best songs and artists of disco and
classic dance. The channel will bring listeners back to the days of glitzy
club life and Studio 54 while playing the biggest dance hits of the 1970s and
1980s. The channel will feature shows highlighting various disco club
classics, freestyle and mixed disco favorites, including, Deney Terrio's
Request Fever and Causi's Club Classics.

SIRIUS XM's Backspin channel will feature the best of old school rap and
hip-hop. The channel will be the home of several specialty shows including
Ladies' First with Monie Love and Zulubeats with Afrika Bambaataa, Mick Benzo
and The Cutman

ClubSteeler

Oct 16, 2008
Sit back... Let things settle out a bit. Geez... It's been what??? a month since the channel changes that caused such a knee-jerk reaction of cancellations.

You see... They are listening to you guys. I GUARANTEE you that some of execs read this forum daily. I would.

TallGntlmn

Nov 17, 2008
Thank goodness Backspin is coming back! I guess they saw the light in that they eliminated a whole era of rap.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well now that is a first for Sirius. Hopefully this is only a start of them actually listening to subscriber feedback and programming accordingly!

Not much of a Strobe fan, but it will be good to have Backspin back!

I never thought we'd see this day, but it is a good thing for sure.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Thank god Sirius for once in their company's history is listening to the subscriber. I just want to know is where is the strobe and Backspin going to be placed in the lineup. Btw the channels I hope they bring back are Disorder and Beyond Jazz.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
1. Which channels are the going to dump? I hope they don't dump the Bridge!
2. Are they going to be carried on the SATs or online only?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Maybe they are going to finally phase out some of these single artist channels, this would certainly be logical and then they don't have to take anything away!

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I hope that occurs but i doubt it.

Well certainly if they have heard the complaints about these channels being missed, they have also heard folks say how much they are sick and tired of these single artist channels as well.

Now if they go and remove a couple of other channels to bring back these channels and piss off a whole new set of subscribers? Doesn't make much sense to me, but I think the only logical move would be to use the existing channels that single artist have now. But since when does Sirius corporate make logical decisions! LOL :eek:

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Not AC/DC. They can have Led Zep. I want my AC/DC...or maybe ELVIS???? Jim Buffett???? Forget these clown losers!

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Well certainly if they have heard the complaints about these channels being missed, they have also heard folks say how much they are sick and tired of these single artist channels as well.

Now if they go and remove a couple of other channels to bring back these channels and piss off a whole new set of subscribers? Doesn't make much sense to me, but I think the only logical move would be to use the existing channels that single artist have now. But since when does Sirius corporate make logical decisions! LOL :eek:

So true , and if Sirius would have a rotating single artist channel of the week channel that would be fine with me , but I hope they put the Strobe on 34 or 37 and Backspin on either 41,42,43,44,46,47,48 and 49 , but I am not too sure if they know this is logical. Hopefully they dont take away Pop 2K , but if they do I wont cancel I will just replace that preset with the Underground Garage.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Not AC/DC. They can have Led Zep. I want my AC/DC...or maybe ELVIS???? Jim Buffett???? Forget these clown losers!

Well you do know that that AC/DC was one of those that was suppose to end in Jan anyway wasn't' it? I know it isn't a permanent channel.

They aren't taking away Elvis or Jimmy that is a given!

Led Zeppelin is likely, but in my opinion it is long over due for The Grateful Dead or Bruce Springsteen to go bye bye! These channel also aren't replacing other channels right now so they are free to be used.

Led and AC/DC are using other channels right now and will both end at some point.

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
Greatful dead DEAR GOD!!! These losers have like 4 songs worth listening to....Buffett has 2. Both suck hard!

Motorhead deserves a channel over these humps.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Here is my solution to the problem , put strobe on 34 , and Backspin on 41 so no other channels are being taken away , and once the Dead Channel and E Street are done the Dead Channel should go to either punk or disorder , and E street should go to a rotating single artist channel of the week this sounds fair doesnt it ?

phillyphan

Oct 11, 2008
Philly area
Thank god Sirius for once in their company's history is listening to the subscriber. I just want to know is where is the strobe and Backspin going to be placed in the lineup. Btw the channels I hope they bring back are Disorder and Beyond Jazz.

I miss Planet Jazz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SIRIUS XM, please bring it back.