The Strobe & Backspin to Return

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
I have. I'll tell em some more.
I'm still hoping that others will too.

Still, the news that we've gotten is a step forward.

I wasn't 100% sure of what Boombox played and how you could classify it. All I knew was I liked it more than Area 33 but still listened very rarely. Could you give me an example of the format and songs (and/or their mixes)? I'll send some emails of support but I would like to know what I'm talking about.

JMII

Nov 21, 2008
Margate, FL USA
So glad Backspin is back... I nearly canceled due to losing that one station alone.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Strobe but they do (did? will?) play some 80's Freestyle and I'm a HUGE fan of that kind of music. If Boombox came back I'd be even happier. Glad to know someone is listening to all the complains, hopefully next time they want to make changes they ASK first! How hard is to put up a poll on the Sirius site and require you log into your account in order to validate your vote?

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
The wiki link was a bit hinky (if you will)
Boombox (Sirius) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Not sure why.

They played Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Paul Oakenfold. There were remixes and dance versions of tunes. It was electronic oriented and generally upbeat. Techno, electronica, breakbeat, etc.

It was song oriented instead of continuous mixes, so you could get into individual tracks.

Good stuff. Like a big cup of coffee, it helped keep me awake during the day.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.

They played Crystal Method, Chemical Brothers, Paul Oakenfold. There were remixes and dance versions of tunes. It was electronic oriented and generally upbeat. Techno, electronica, breakbeat, etc.

It was song oriented instead of continuous mixes, so you could get into individual tracks.

I thought so , just wasn't 100% sure. There's only ONE genre of music I HATE and that's House Music, NEVER liked it.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008

Thanks for making that more clear...I have no idea what "Bastard Pop" is! Well hopefully they get around to bringing that back. Sending them messages doesn't hurt! Something Boombox provides obvious variety from the dance music they play now. It's really the kind of programming that Sirius never should have discounted.

Reactions: HecticArt

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Thanks for making that more clear...I have no idea what "Bastard Pop" is! Well hopefully they get around to bringing that back. Sending them messages doesn't hurt! Something Boombox provides obvious variety from the dance music they play now. It's really the kind of programming that Sirius never should have discounted.

Amen brother.

Nov 9, 2008
nj
Stobe!

So glad Backspin is back... I nearly canceled due to losing that one station alone.

I wasn't a huge fan of the Strobe but they do (did? will?) play some 80's Freestyle and I'm a HUGE fan of that kind of music. If Boombox came back I'd be even happier. Glad to know someone is listening to all the complains, hopefully next time they want to make changes they ASK first! How hard is to put up a poll on the Sirius site and require you log into your account in order to validate your vote?

Actually they played a few freestyle 80s songs and disco .

Id say VINNY M27 likes the strobe...:)