The Show Is Back! 2.27-3.1

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
i've been going on and on in the lounge about how "white girl" was my favorite movie of 2016. glad to see it finally get some recognition:

Mr Skin - Anatomy Awards 2017

seriously though, when watching the movie most of the nudity is rather disturbing. in still image form it's much nicer to see.

like with politics, howard is the only celebrity where i actually want to hear what he has to say about the oscars.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
i've been going on and on in the lounge about how "white girl" was my favorite movie of 2016. glad to see it finally get some recognition:

Mr Skin - Anatomy Awards 2017

seriously though, when watching the movie most of the nudity is rather disturbing. in still image form it's much nicer to see.

like with politics, howard is the only celebrity where i actually want to hear what he has to say about the oscars.
I just heard the first part of the show. Did Howard talk about Kimmel surprising that bus load of tourists by parading them in front of the Oscars audience? Very unfunny, time consuming bit, the kind of bit Howard would criticize if anyone else did it and/or would claim he had been ripped off. I think Howard should take it down a notch on Mel Gibson. He gets drunk and says something about Jews or "niggers" or homosexuals and then spends the next few years apologizing and/or doing benefits. He is clearly a fucked up man but does not, to the best of my knowledge, have set anti-Semitic, racist, homophobic rap.

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
He didn't talk about Kimmel's hosting at length (from what I heard). But Howard likes goofing on regular people, and seeing what they think of things, and putting them into unusual situations, so he'd probably approve.

How anyone could have heard those taped phone calls between Mel and his ex-wife, and think he's anything but a complete piece of shit, is beyond me. Plus, he's made entire movies wherein he blames the Jews for destroying Christianity, and Mel's father was a Nazi. So I'd certainly prefer that he disappear forever.

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
As for the return of the show, Mr. Skin is always fun to listen to, but I thought the rest of the show was a disaster. Some of the Oscar stuff was OK, but the Nicole Bass "tribute" was horrible, and Benjy's dick talk was unlistenable. And I've hit the point where I can't put-up with "Robin's theme" being played every 7 seconds during her news. I have to turn it off. That sound-drop is supposed to be for when she chimes-in during a conversation, not every time she talks during her own news segment. And the Richard Simmons laughing drop is another one they need to put a lid on.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
We know Howard is bipolar or something similar, but when "Control Freak Howard" gets mad that JD didn't announce his engagement on the show and force everyone to the show's website to see the photo, it makes for a terrible drawn-out bit. I think Howard's anger was real, but it would have made for a terrible bit if it was announced on the show.

I didn't hear the whole conversation, but when he hung up on MfB...

microbob

Oct 14, 2008
Howard wants everything for the show. You'd think JD would have known that. Years ago Robin announced her break up with MrX on Bubba's show and he wasn't to happy with her although I don't think he turned it into a 90 min bit with her. I liked it when he hung up on MfB. That was the best part of the bit.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard wants everything for the show. You'd think JD would have known that. Years ago Robin announced her break up with MrX on Bubba's show and he wasn't to happy with her although I don't think he turned it into a 90 min bit with her. I liked it when he hung up on MfB. That was the best part of the bit.

Exactly. By posting the photo on the show's site, he can drive that traffic there, which would no doubt benefit him in some fashion.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
In regards to JD, Howard won me over. I started on JD's side, but Twitter is so public-facing, it doesn't make sense. I'm on the record with my friends that Facebook is the devil. I suppose that makes Twitter Babylon.

I really do think that back office is a bunch of sniveling sicophants who do resent Howard deep down. What I think is funny is Howard can't figure out why. Publicly humiliate your underlings to millions year after year, and you can't figure it out, Howard? Sure, you pay them, but human nature being what it is, I think the resentment is inevitable.

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard doesn't want everything for the show when it comes to him. Yeah, sure, we whines about his vacations and the crummy presents people dare to give him and stuff like that. But we never heard a word about his purchase of the house in Florida, almost nothing about his daughters (one got married? One spent two years in Vietnam?). He even called Lisa G "creepy" when she started going to all Beth appearances. Howard Stern News got deep sixed. I did not hear the JD bit, but I remember when Howard badgered Gary years ago about Mary and Gary said Mary did not want to be a regular subject of ridicule on THSS.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

scotchandcigar

Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
So 90 minutes yelling at JD, essentially saying the same thing over and over for an hour-and-a-half, followed by yet another hour on Benjy's dick. Great. The Memet discussion was almost entertaining.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Howard doesn't want everything for the show when it comes to him. Yeah, sure, we whines about his vacations and the crummy presents people dare to give him and stuff like that. But we never heard a word about his purchase of the house in Florida, almost nothing about his daughters (one got married? One spent two years in Vietnam?). He even called Lisa G "creepy" when she started going to all Beth appearances. Howard Stern News got deep sixed. I did not hear the JD bit, but I remember when Howard badgered Gary years ago about Mary and Gary said Mary did not want to be a regular subject of ridicule on THSS.

Howard wants it to be a show about the lives of those in-studio and the back office, but leave the families out of it.

Allegedly, one of his daughters is lesbian...but then again, with so many wack-a-doodles listening to the show, I can understand why he keeps his kids out of it.

Reactions: microbob

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
Howard wants it to be a show about the lives of those in-studio and the back office, but leave the families out of it.

Allegedly, one of his daughters is lesbian...but then again, with so many wack-a-doodles listening to the show, I can understand why he keeps his kids out of it.

He definitely pressured Gary to get Mary more involve in the show. But that was a long time ago. Fred won't put up with any pressure to involve his wife and daughter.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Another thing...right before the JD thing, the "commercial" for Apple EarPods...