The "Please Retire At The End Of Your Contract" On-Air Campaign

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
My, My I've never heard such sniffling and bickering among supposed adults in my life!

No wonder these threads always turn to shit! GEEZ!!!
It wasn't me so to keep the peace I'll leave this thread alone I don't want to be the one to bring this forum down.

TSS Taylor

DRC Fan
Oct 9, 2008
Chicago, IL
www.tss-radio.com
You should call into Bubba to promote this campaign. I wonder what he would say?

evel.gif

You got me thinking how hilarious it would be if Howard actually used the Evil Kneivel soundbite to hang up on a caller Bubba style. It could be Sterns hommage to Bubba ;)

Reactions: Kryptonite

Human762

Dec 20, 2008
Whether you're a fan of Howard or not, you would have to think that the on-air campaign would make for some more interesting radio.

Callers could bring it up all the time on the other programs, like The Wrap Up Show, by merely saying, "Howard should retire at the end of his contract."

If the line is delivered consistently, it wouldn't require a caller to elaborate further and get into an argument.

The other staffers would probably get real defensive after awhile, potentially creating radio gold.

Reactions: jamesp717

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Whether you're a fan of Howard or not, you would have to think that the on-air campaign would make for some more interesting radio.

Callers could bring it up all the time on the other programs, like The Wrap Up Show, by merely saying, "Howard should retire at the end of his contract."

If the line is delivered consistently, it wouldn't require a caller to elaborate further and get into an argument.

The other staffers would probably get real defensive after awhile, potentially creating radio gold.

Actually, it would be boring, repetitive and a complete waste of time. How do I know? Just read 70% of the messages here.

Nice try, but I would rather they bring back "F Timmy!"

PS - Whatever you do, don't go into the radio programming business.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
My prediction for how many people will call in to tell Howard he should retire at the end of his contract . . .

. . . come on guys, say it with me . . .

. . . 0.0!

Reactions: Kryptonite

JoeTan

Oct 14, 2008
We should start a thread "HUMAN762 SIGN OFF OF THIS SITE"

How long before he really leaves?

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Luckily, similar to what happened with Act I, the History Of Howard Stern Act II has most of the usual suspects curled up in the fetal position, mumbling something about "Oh no! It CAN'T be that good!" Otherwise, you'd have a lot more of them in here leg humping the OP. Instead, we get Goreds stumbling in, blind and dehydrated, from the deserted wasteland that is The Virus.

Reactions: IronJabroni

Human762

Dec 20, 2008
To set the record straight, I'm actually a big Howard fan.

I just like when callers get through and bust his chops.

Sometimes it's good to hear some difference of opinions in between all the brown-nosers and wack-packers on satellite.

It can make the caller segments much more lively going forward.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008

Sometimes it's good to hear some difference of opinions in between all the brown-nosers and wack-packers on satellite.

In my opinion, phone calls suck, period. Ball washers or morons trying to spend his money and produce his show; they are two sides of the same boring coin. Save them for the Wrap Up Show.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
In my opinion, phone calls suck, period. Ball washers or morons trying to spend his money and produce his show; they are two sides of the same boring coin. Save them for the Wrap Up Show.

I think I agree with that. I can't think of any really good callers (except for ETM of course). The "Eric From Hoboken"s and "Bonghit Whoever"s are just as bad as the people who want to produce the show over the phone because they think they know how to run things better than the KOAM. Callers during interviews can be really funny though.

I do like the callers on the wrapup show though. They gripe to Gary and John with all their conspiracy theories, then when they get a perfectly reasonable answer from Gary, they choose to ignore it and keep going with their dumb theories.

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008

No worries. I liked Roberto's call from the other day, it sparked some good conversation. Those types of calls aren't the norm these days, most of the calls are from "regulars" that don't have much to add to the show.

I would say though, that instead of trying to get a groundswell of support from people that might not agree with your overall message, that you just do it yourself and see where the chips fall. If in the future I hear a caller ask that Howard resign when his contract is up, I'll wonder if it was you that got through.

Your message would certainly reach more people than in posting on the DRC board.

I'll give you two years to get through to the show....starting.....NOW!

Neigh

Oct 16, 2008
New Jersey
I'm all for radio gold but calling Howard to tell him to retire makes no sense. He would simply say if you are not entertained, why listen and why would you care whether or not I retire?

I do love it when a Roberto calls but Howard has a mind like a lawyer. He has a whole bag full of lawyer's tricks. If someone makes a valid point, he'll make a phony analogy. Or he will minimize the negative and maximize the positive. He will ask for specific instances of what someone is complaining about and the caller will struggle with the specifics. He will restate a caller's complaint but leave out an element to make it look ridiculous.

If someone is going to needle Howard, the caller should ask why, if he is so devoted to the show and the fans and satellite radio, does he act as though he is doing them a favor by continuing to show up? I hate it when he asks Robin and Gary when his contact ends... and those two Howard humorers act like they are glad for him that the time is ticking down... Both of them will be on the street...l.