The "Please Retire At The End Of Your Contract" On-Air Campaign

Human762

Dec 20, 2008
For those who want Howard to turn off his mircophone at the end of 2010 when his current contract is up, let's take part in a recurring on-air campaign to deliver a message once the show returns live after the new year.

When you make it past the phone screeners and get on-the-air, make sure to tell Howard, "Please retire at the end of your contract."

Add the line to the end of whatever else you plan to discuss or just say it before hanging up.

The key for this to become an interesting bit the longer it goes on is for everyone to consistently mention, "Please retire at the end of your contract."

How long do you think it will be before it truly gets under Howard's skin that people keep calling in to say this? This could make for some entertaining radio in 2009.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
You could always, I don't know? Not listen? and let others enjoy the show.
Just a suggestion though.

johninbricknj

Oct 14, 2008
NJ
For those who DON'T want Howard to turn off his mircophone at the end of 2010 when his current contract is up, let's take part in a recurring on-air campaign to deliver a message once the show returns live after the new year.

When you make it past the phone screeners and get on-the-air, make sure to tell Howard, "Please DON'T retire at the end of your contract."

Add the line to the end of whatever else you plan to discuss or just say it before hanging up.

The key for this to become an interesting bit the longer it goes on is for everyone to consistently mention, "Please DON'T retire at the end of your contract."

How long do you think it will be before it truly gets under Howard's skin that people keep calling in to say this? This could make for some entertaining radio in 2009.

Fixed it for ya, NOW GO AWAY. Thank you:nana:

Last edited:

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
For those who want Howard to turn off his mircophone at the end of 2010 when his current contract is up, let's take part in a recurring on-air campaign to deliver a message once the show returns live after the new year.

When you make it past the phone screeners and get on-the-air, make sure to tell Howard, "Please retire at the end of your contract."

The key for this to become an interesting bit the longer it goes on is for everyone to consistently mention, "Please retire at the end of your contract."

you are truly lost in static...as biff once said, make like a tree and get outta here

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH

This could make for some entertaining radio in 2009.

I'm in. :flex:

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

Good idea, but I would take it one step further. I would ask Howard to bump up the effort he is putting into the show and if he feels he isnt able to then I would suggest he just turn off the lights and not come back when his contract is up.

JMO

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
OK - count me in for sitting on the phone for hours, making up some fake reason for Will to put me through, then telling Howard to retire.

Perhaps he'd probably tell me to get a life?

Reactions: Jgatie

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Can we have a vote for the "Very first post at DRC pegging the needle on the douchebaggery meter" award? I know where mine's going.

Reactions: jef

TheScionicMan

Last non-Hating Stern Fan
Oct 11, 2008
You should call into Bubba to promote this campaign. I wonder what he would say?

evel.gif

Reactions: Jgatie

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
You guys who live to hassle Howard Stern need a hobby. If you listen to a show that you do not like then you are stupid anyway.

Exactly. I don't like the NBA. Do I watch it? No. Do I care if other people watch it? No. The only thing I know about the NBA is the general stuff I get from the various sports shows and a very occasional look at the standings.

I don't like country music. I honestly couldn't tell you who the biggest country star today is. Do I listen? No. Do I care if other people listen? No.

Honestly, these "radio wars" and "Howard needs to retire" stuff is old. "Wow, my guy is better than your guy!!!1oneoneoneoneoe!!!111" Who honestly gives a shit? Do not people have better things to do? And if "your guy" really IS better, shouldn't you be busy listening?

Even if he does "retire", the channels still may have his branding and what's stopping him from making guest appearances on the other shows?

PSU football coach Joe Paterno just signed a three year deal. When he retires, do you honestly think he'll fade away into the sunset? It really wouldn't surprise me to see him around practices and at games, pumping up the students.

Wasn't Michael Jordan seen at his kid's HS basketball game?

You can take the player out of the game, but you can't take the game out of the player.

Reactions: Blitz71

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
I agree. If Howard wants to stay, let him stay. He's the reason why Sirius ended up overtaking XM in the 1st place.
Check your facts, Sirius NEVER had more subs than XM and XM's stock was worth WAY more than Sirius. Why XM agreed to the merger is beyond me. Sirius took over and look what happened , The last I remembered XM was trading at something like $11.00 per share before the merger, Sirius brought that down to $0.14. XM was an excellent service until Sirius came aboard.

no1hedberg

Oct 13, 2008
West Virginia
Check your facts, Sirius NEVER had more subs than XM and XM's stock was worth WAY more than Sirius. Why XM agreed to the merger is beyond me. Sirius took over and look what happened , The last I remembered XM was trading at something like $11.00 per share before the merger, Sirius brought that down to $0.14. XM was an excellent service until Sirius came aboard.

Then go listen to xm and stfu. I've never heard such a bunch of whinny bitches in all my life. Why can't you intellectually superior jackasses who don't like the show any more stop listening, shut the hell up, and let those of us who do like it enjoy it without you bitching every minute. No one is making any of you pay for satellite radio, or listen to the Stern show. Matter of fact no one is making you listen to any goddamn thing. Go post your retarded bullshit in the Martha Stewart thread or something and leave us the hell alone.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Then go listen to xm and stfu. I've never heard such a bunch of whinny bitches in all my life. Why can't you intellectually superior jackasses who don't like the show any more stop listening, shut the hell up, and let those of us who do like it enjoy it without you bitching every minute. No one is making any of you pay for satellite radio, or listen to the Stern show. Matter of fact no one is making you listen to any goddamn thing. Go post your retarded bullshit in the Martha Stewart thread or something and leave us the hell alone.
What does that have to do with the fact that Sirius was allowed to merge with a superior service and drag it down?

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
My, My I've never heard such sniffling and bickering among supposed adults in my life!

No wonder these threads always turn to shit! GEEZ!!!