The Official Mad Men Thread

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
This is the Official Mad Men Thread! :mad:

I'm downloading episode two right now. I've bought all three season off iTunes :)

Anyone else watch Mad Men? :right:

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: antsie

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
This is the Official Mad Men Thread! :mad:

I'm downloading episode two right now. I've bought all three season off iTunes :)

Anyone else watch Mad Men? :right:

:)

LOVE THIS SHOW.

I was a little disappointed with this episode two as not much really happened. BUt, still a GREAT SHOW.

Sunday night is our favorite night for tv. We have True Blood on HBO at 9, MAD MEN at 10pm and then HUNG on HBO at 11pm.

Don Draper is still the COOLEST mutha on this planet. Being an ex smoker is so hard watching this show as everyone smokes everywhere. I think Draper was even smoking in an elevator.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Don Draper is still the COOLEST mutha on this planet. Being an ex smoker is so hard watching this show as everyone smokes everywhere. I think Draper was even smoking in an elevator.

One of the reasons I started smoking again back in Feb 2008 was from watching this show. EVERYONE is smoking :shock:

I remember when I was a kid you could go into any Sears or JC Penney and find ash trays everywhere. Almost everywhere you went they had ash trays. They had outlawed smoking in elevators and movie theaters by that time.

You could still smoke in McDonald's back in the early '90s. Me and my ex-wife would lite up after eating. Remember those little tin ash trays they used to have at McDonald's? :right:

Chrissyb

Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
I love the show..Sunday's are my favorite night.. I watch what Vargas watches plus Entourage..

I have only seen 1/2 of Season 3 Episode 2.. Betty needs to drop that baby!!

I'm still freaked out about what happened to Joan in season 2 with her new Doctor husband.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I watch True Blood and Entourage, too. Until House and 30 Rock come back, those are the only weekly series I'm interested in.

When I went to China in the 90s, you could still smoke in elevators there. I did.

Smoking in movie theaters seems totally insane now.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Thoughts:

It was curious how Don totally blew off catching Salvatore with the bell hop.
It's a shame Don felt the need to shag the stewardess.
The Brits seem inept, even for Brits.
What's Peggy's motivation for nearly screwing Marty, the clown from the bar? Or Stan, or whoever he is.

Lastly, Joan may have an ass as wide as the grand canyon, but I'd still rent a donkey and take the day hike.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKTNDgCTyVU&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Christina Hendricks' Ass (Mad Men)[/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Thoughts:

It was curious how Don totally blew off catching Salvatore with the bell hop.
It's a shame Don felt the need to shag the stewardess.
The Brits seem inept, even for Brits.
What's Peggy's motivation for nearly screwing Marty, the clown from the bar? Or Stan, or whoever he is.

Lastly, Joan may have an ass as wide as the grand canyon, but I'd still rent a donkey and take the day hike.

YouTube - Christina Hendricks' Ass (Mad Men)

I don't think Don much cares is Sal is gay or not, he just wants him to be a good artist.
Don can't NOT bang a hot chick, that is his kryptonite. He just can't pass em up.
The Brits are stupid for the whole Madison Square Garden debacle.
I think Peggy just wants to be noticed and recognized and wanted.
I think that chick that plays Joan has gotten even curvier for this year. She is all woman and would probably break us all!!!!

As far as the smoking goes, I was born in 1977 so I don't really remember smoking being allowed in theatres, but wasn't it allowed in the balconies for some time?

I do remember the little tin ashtrays ALL the fast food places had. How gross is that? You kill yourself with a Big Mac and then kill yourself somemore with a Smoke INSIDE.

I love that they really make Mad Men cool. I always pictured the 50's and early 60's being really lame but if you were a decent looking guy with a good job (like Draper) you could bang just about whatever you wanted.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
I love that they really make Mad Men cool. I always pictured the 50's and early 60's being really lame but if you were a decent looking guy with a good job (like Draper) you could bang just about whatever you wanted.

We still can, if Mrs. Bag would let us.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA
We still can, if Mrs. Bag would let us.

Yeah...that's what holding you back, killer. Very noble of you. :p

I'm reading Bebe Buell's autobiography now. Talk about banging whomever you wanted. It's a sordid tale involving Mick, Bowie, Keith, Elvis (Costello), Rod, Todd (Rundgren), Steven Tyler, and just about anybody who was anybody in the '70's rock scene. If men behaved that way today, our wangs would shrivel up and disappear in a wisp of smoke.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Sterling's reaction was the priceless.

"Jesus, it's like Iwo Jima out there."

"Somewhere, in the history of our business, this has happened before."

Oh yeah, and the Brit:

"He'll never golf again."

My wife and I were howling.

Casual Fan

Surprisingly nice
Oct 14, 2008
Roanoke, VA

Oh yeah, and the Brit:

A splendid episode for Roger. Don't forget that he was left off the organizational chart.

An all-around classic.

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
Yeah, there hasn't been enough Roger lately. That actor hits the perfect note in that role, like last week when he said "Da-da" to Don on the phone. I want more Roger and more Joan.

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA

Oh yeah, and the Brit:

As were we. We loved Rogers reactions at how he just doesn't give a shiz about anything except being left off the organizational chart.

Despite him being a jag, I felt bad for the Brit dude that they were going to send to India.