The official Artie is out again Thread (12-7-09)

hexagram

Medicinal & Recreational.
Oct 11, 2008
Seattle, WA
Who knows? I've been enjoying the show so far. I actually like the show better when he's not in.

Now, if only Fred would talk more, things would be perfect.

Elwood

Dec 3, 2008
When will the staff learn to let morning calls from Artie ride to voicemail?

The crew needs to start thinking of new ways to make Artie absences funny. Maybe a prank? Ed Torian surprise lie detector test? Wack pack intervention?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
Just get to the part where you die, Artie. You are a Belushi wannabe, right? Maybe they can film that for HowardTV. I'm a Stern fan, but enough already.

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)
Who knows? I've been enjoying the show so far. I actually like the show better when he's not in.

Now, if only Fred would talk more, things would be perfect.

oh no, I dont want that......

anyways, I really don't care if artie's sick. this saga is ridiculously played out by this time. since there's no consequences, who really cares now if he's gonna be out.

no wonder his co-workers resent him.

robhurlburt

Oct 15, 2008
anyways, I really don't care if artie's sick. this saga is ridiculously played out by this time. since there's no consequences, who really cares now if he's gonna be out.

no wonder his co-workers resent him.

agreed.

i think he went out partying with Norm

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008
Relax, everyone. It's just the pre-vacation cliffhanger taking root.....again.

Artie will return tomorrow- if he has to plug appearances for the next week. If not, maybe the news of Sirius' possible demise put him into meltdown mode. Pathetic.

No longer can the show simply end the week with no mention of vacation. In soap operaesque fashion, they must stoop to "teasing" their dwindling audience, hoping enough people will tune in upon their return to listen to the rivoting conclusion to the latest "crisis."

Will Artie threaten to use again? Will there be another "fight" with Gary? If Artie no-shows tomorrow, will the company's future be shifted into the cliffhanger spotlight instead? Stay awake....I mean tuned to find out.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Relax, everyone. It's just the pre-vacation cliffhanger taking root.....again.

Artie will return tomorrow- if he has to plug appearances for the next week. If not, maybe the news of Sirius' possible demise put him into meltdown mode. Pathetic.

No longer can the show simply end the week with no mention of vacation. In soap operaesque fashion, they must stoop to "teasing" their dwindling audience, hoping enough people will tune in upon their return to listen to the rivoting conclusion to the latest "crisis."

Will Artie threaten to use again? Will there be another "fight" with Gary? If Artie no-shows tomorrow, will the company's future be shifted into the cliffhanger spotlight instead? Stay awake....I mean tuned to find out.

This is an honest question. If you hate the show so much then why bother listening to it and posting about it.
I mean, at least other people who criticize the show on here are at least funny and interesting. You always come off as very hateful and angry.
I'm curious. Why bother with the show anymore?

mrpacs

Oct 11, 2008
Connecticut
This is an honest question. If you hate the show so much then why bother listening to it and posting about it.
I mean, at least other people who criticize the show on here are at least funny and interesting. You always come off as very hateful and angry.

Ever see "Private Parts"? "To see what he'll do, (or say?), next".

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Ever see "Private Parts"? "To see what he'll do, (or say?), next".

That theory has crossed my mind but he seems like a former fan who hates the way the show has evolved (or de-evolved depending who you talk to). I'd figuer that type of person would just totally give up on it all together.

Die_LaMattres

Oct 13, 2008

I've answered this many times before at the other place, but here goes:

Was a huge, loyal Stern fan pre-Sirius. Defended the show to many who trashed it, supported the sponsors, etc. Thought the move to Sirius was great news - Howard claimed it would be uncensored multichannels of constant top notch programming. He would do shows on off hours, have free reign, and basically do what he's always claimed he wanted to do for over 20 years - have no management to control him. Don't forget the endless terrestrial stars who were going to join his revolution with him. Remember that? OK. So far, so good. Where do I sign up?

Fast forward to less than a year in, and I found myself listening to a seemingly different person on the air (when it was live, that is). I can't pinpoint one single event or day when it changed for me. It's his overall attitude, I suppose. He doesn't seem to be into it anymore. The spark is gone, and Howard has become a parody of himself - the person he used to make fun of: Dumps the family, marries bobble-head, hobknobs with people he used to endlessly mock, and probably worst of all - the promotion of HTV. Suddenly mocking Rush Limbaugh for selling ties and mugs pales in comparison for asking his loyal fans to not only pay for radio, but HTV as well - which seems to be the focus of his radio show most of the time. He's just another stereotypical, lying..........businessman.

That being said, I will still continue to be a Sirius subscriber until March 11. Other than Howard, the music stations are OK, and the comedy stations are good, too. Post merger, when Mel claimed that no rate increase will result was the final lie. For me, it's not about the 3 or 4 extra dollars, it's a matter of principal. I don't like being lied to, so I'm done in a month.....or perhaps sooner than that if the check doesn't clear next week.:)

Also, Snoozer, I'm not typing any of this (or any of my posts) out of hate. Despite my feelings toward the show, I don't "hate" it, or any member of it. It's just a radio show, after all. :) I am saddened by what the show has become, as are many others. Some still enjoy it, and that's great, too. I see it differently, that's all.

Awaiting PM from DoublEE in 3.....2......1 Just kidding.

Reactions: jamesp717

Smok44

Nov 19, 2008
Belmar, NJ

Because Die's life is miserable and he has no other outlet than coming on here and bitching. If he didn't have this he would probably have committed suicide by now. Typical miserable people syndrome.

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
I've answered this many times before at the other place, but here goes:

Was a huge, loyal Stern fan pre-Sirius. Defended the show to many who trashed it, supported the sponsors, etc. Thought the move to Sirius was great news - Howard claimed it would be uncensored multichannels of constant top notch programming. He would do shows on off hours, have free reign, and basically do what he's always claimed he wanted to do for over 20 years - have no management to control him. Don't forget the endless terrestrial stars who were going to join his revolution with him. Remember that? OK. So far, so good. Where do I sign up?

Fast forward to less than a year in, and I found myself listening to a seemingly different person on the air (when it was live, that is). I can't pinpoint one single event or day when it changed for me. It's his overall attitude, I suppose. He doesn't seem to be into it anymore. The spark is gone, and Howard has become a parody of himself - the person he used to make fun of: Dumps the family, marries bobble-head, hobknobs with people he used to endlessly mock, and probably worst of all - the promotion of HTV. Suddenly mocking Rush Limbaugh for selling ties and mugs pales in comparison for asking his loyal fans to not only pay for radio, but HTV as well - which seems to be the focus of his radio show most of the time. He's just another stereotypical, lying..........businessman.

That being said, I will still continue to be a Sirius subscriber until March 11. Other than Howard, the music stations are OK, and the comedy stations are good, too. Post merger, when Mel claimed that no rate increase will result was the final lie. For me, it's not about the 3 or 4 extra dollars, it's a matter of principal. I don't like being lied to, so I'm done in a month.....or perhaps sooner than that if the check doesn't clear next week.:)

Also, Snoozer, I'm not typing any of this (or any of my posts) out of hate. Despite my feelings toward the show, I don't "hate" it, or any member of it. It's just a radio show, after all. :) I am saddened by what the show has become, as are many others. Some still enjoy it, and that's great, too. I see it differently, that's all.

Awaiting PM from DoublEE in 3.....2......1 Just kidding.

Thanks for the response. I appreciate you replying to me.

Reactions: Bark