The Official 2009 College Football thread

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
We can use this thread for all the miscellaneous topics that may not warrant a thread.

Still have time for people to post their preseason picks... http://www.digitalradiocentral.com/ncaa-all-sports/6644-preseason-picks.html

Perhaps we can begin by showing our school spirit. Who you rooting for?

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
Can't wait for another season of Big Red football!
I finally got to go to my first Husker game last year. It was the Nebraska-Colorado game, and it was one hell of a game. Look at how Suh knocks Cody Hawkins on his ass like a rag doll!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bs8QpXi7Mc&NR=1]YouTube - Henry and Suh's kick and pick[/ame]

That puts a smile on my face every time I watch it. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:buttrock:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Wow the Big XII is pretty well represented here...maybe with our powers combined, we can step out of the SEC's shadow this season.

Good luck to Oklahoma State, Argji...I really like your team this year.

As for me...

Last edited:
Reactions: Argji

Argji

Oct 14, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
Wow the Big XII is pretty well represented here...maybe with our powers combined, we can step out of the SEC's shadow this season.

Good luck to Oklahoma State, Argji...I really like your team this year.

As for me...

Thanks Avuncular_Jew II! My dad and his side of the family are all Red Raiders so
we root for Tech also.

Go Big XII!

Reactions: AJ_II

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
USC has a Freshman quarterback and ours has a year under his belt. Hopefully, that will be enough of an advantage to win especially since the game is at Ohio State.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I'd say USC has slightly more talent overall, but the QB issue is a big one to be sure. Should be a good and close game, certainly better than last year's. But since it's in C-Bus, the Bucks should win.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
I'm going against the grain a bit with my pick of USC in the BCS Championship game. New coordinators and a freshman QB. I'm guessing they will lose 1, but not sure if to Ohio State, or the usual conference upset.

They're not lacking in the talent department, that's for sure.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Anyone think the Mountain West or WAC can get a team to a BCS game? The National Championship Game? :scratch: :shock:

BYU plays Oklahoma Saturday. Can BYU beat them?

It's better to lose early in the season than late.

I sure hope USC beats Ohio St. That would help keep the Big Ten out of the Championship game. They really need a playoff :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Anyone think the Mountain West or WAC can get a team to a BCS game? The National Championship Game? :scratch: :shock:

BYU plays Oklahoma Saturday. Can BYU beat them?

It's better to lose early in the season than late.

I sure hope USC beats Ohio St. That would help keep the Big Ten out of the Championship game. They really need a playoff :worried:
Posted via Mobile Device

I think TCU will be in a BCS game. It would be very difficult for any "non-BCS" school to play for the national championship with the way things are set up currently.

Although, BYU does play Oklahoma (like you mentioned) AND Florida State. IF they can win those two games (huge if), and go undefeated (with games against TCU and Utah as well), then it'd be difficult to leave them out of the national championship game.

I just can't see them beating Oklahoma though, so that is probably all moot.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I just read that Matt Millen will be the analyst for ABC on the Georgia/Oklahoma State game. I thought he was doing NFL for NBC? :confused: