Jon

Dec 16, 2008
What do you chant when you win the NIT? We're #65? We're Not the Worst? :p

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
What do you chant when you win the NIT? We're #65? We're Not the Worst? :p

Aren't you a Colorado fan?

Like goreds said, it's good for young teams trying to build some experience in a postseason format (like UNC)...or good for young coaches in getting some more games under his belt (like Pat Knight).

Plus it gives some more of the smaller schools another chance to play (like Quinnipiac).

I'd rather be in the NCAA's, but I'm still happy I get another chance to sit down and watch my team play at least one more game.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Aren't you a Colorado fan?

I haven't followed either program (Football or Basketball) in several years. I couldn't tell you the name of any one player on either team. So, no. I've just always thought that the NIT was unnecessary, that it was a reward for teams who aren't good enough for the elite field of 64.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I haven't followed either program (Football or Basketball) in several years. I couldn't tell you the name of any one player on either team.

Yeah I don't blame you.

I've just always thought that the NIT was unnecessary, that it was a reward for teams who aren't good enough for the elite field of 64.

It makes $$$ and it gives student athletes another chance to compete. Nothing wrong with that.

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I haven't followed either program (Football or Basketball) in several years. I couldn't tell you the name of any one player on either team.

Lucky you, you wouldn't be happy if you did!

I look at the NIT kind of like the crappy bowls most of the football teams that go 7-6 play in. The NIT is kinda like the Music City or the Little Ceasers Motor city bowl. No one really cares but if your team is playing in it you'll watch. And it brings in a little cash and post-season practice.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
I am watching the UNC game now. Good stuff.

Caught the end of that...William & Mary almost pulled it off.

Texas Tech got past Seton Hall pretty easily last night. Arizona State lost to Jacksonville, so we play them at home next game. NIT BABY! :bigthumbup:

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Are you going to it? It would be fun.

500 miles away...not going to be able to make it

I went to my share of good games as a student...been back a couple times post-graduation. NIT second round against Jacksonville doesn't warrant the 8-hour drive though.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Looks like Baylor is going to choke on this game :shock:

The Dukies sure weren't predicted by many to make the final 4 this year.

Jon

Dec 16, 2008
Looks like Baylor is going to choke on this game :shock:

The Dukies sure weren't predicted by many to make the final 4 this year.

No but they got their trip HANDED to them by the Selection Committee. Somebody must have owed Krysewski a favor.