The new Sound Of The Blend!

crazeecarroll

Oct 18, 2008
I was listening to The Blend this morning and noticed they have pretty much dumped all 70's tunes from their playlist. The interesting part is that they have beefed up their 80's songs in rotation. The songs that they are playing from the 80's are great missing tracks that could also be cross played on the 80's on 8. Anybody else notice the different sound on The Blend? CC

Reactions: Aaron

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I think they have changed their rotation to be heavy '80s, but I am still hearing some '70s, but they are big in terms of Today's Hits, but the tend to steer away from the Hip Hop stuff too. It sort of reminds me of the way Starlight use to be on Sirius. It is one of my favorite stations.

You know it is so strange because at 50 years old I like today's music, paint me strange! :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I stopped listening to The Blend when they started focusing on current hits and less of a blend of the 4 decades.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
Is this the future of these type of stations? Instead of playing a mix of music from the past 40 years as we move into the next decade, they continue playing the past 30 years, and just retire the 70s?