The Microsoft Tablet

Discussion in 'Windows' started by memebag, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Manco

Manco Active Member

I think the demand for a single device that will double as a ultrabook/tablet is there, and will be proven out over time. Many people hate carrying multiple devices around, which is one reason the iPhone was so popular, you could get rid of your iPod and phone and carry one device that does both. Windows 8 with all the hardware choices is going to be serious competition for all the tablet vendors.

2. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Competition is a good thing for all of us. I think it will be innovative hardware vendors that will make Windows 8 successful. MS only did the Surface to push hardware manufactures to do a Windows tablet. MS according to most of those that follow such things feel that MS will exit the hardware business after a short while unless they just have a real winner on their hands like XBox. I don't see them making tablets long term, but stranger things have happened.

I will say this I've seen about 2 or 3 other Windows 8 commercials today.. The newer ones are showing what you can do with the new environment, which makes it look exciting and fun. I think this is the right approach in order to get consumers to upgrade. The original commercial was lacking this element. Good Job MS!

3. Manco

Manco Active Member

4. memebag

memebag Top Brass, ADVP

Apparenty, if you buy a 32GB Surface tablet, it only has 16GB of free space. And a lawyer is suing over that.

News « KFWB

Android and iOS only need about 3GB for their OS stuff. Windows RT needs 16GB!

5. IdRatherBeSkiing

IdRatherBeSkiing Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream

16Gb? And I have been complaining about iOS growing over time! Of course if they kept the OS in its own area not counted in the available space, nobody would care how big it was.

6. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

Which is what I think they should do, but of course they don't. However, using up 16GB is crazy, now I know it comes with MS Office, but Geez!!!

7. Biaviian

Biaviian Well-Known Member

If you get the 64 gig version then it takes up 19 gigs! I don't understand why there is a difference. Well it may take up the same 16 gigs but only 45 of 64 gigs is available for the user.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. FlyersFan76

FlyersFan76 Member

I am going to go to a Windows store and a Sony store soon to check it out. My current windows Tablet is nearing 5 years old and do not use it much as my job priorities have changed since I bought it. But when I used it on a daily basis it was great.

I do agree that MS is probably pushing hardware so that the other manufactures would jump of board. In years past the only companies using MS were enterprise MS partners that only business users knew about. Couldn't get the MS tablets of years past in the stores.

Hell the first creation of Surface is not well known to most people even though they have probably seen it before.