The Mayfield Debacle

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
Chocolate!
Now, listen! uh,uh,uh,uh,uh b-b-b-b-b-by the way, now by the way! now let me tell you! NASCAR, and, b-b-b-by the way, we're talkin 'bout NASCAR here, a sport that I love, and, by the way, have you got a friggin opinion on this whole thing, or did I just fall asleep before you got to it? And, by the way, now, by the way, sleep isn't something I do just because it's sleep! Sleep is something I do because I grew up doing it!
You spend way too much time hanging around that damned winery!:bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh::bigahh:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Chocolate!
Now, listen! uh,uh,uh,uh,uh b-b-b-b-b-by the way, now by the way! now let me tell you! NASCAR, and, b-b-b-by the way, we're talkin 'bout NASCAR here, a sport that I love, and, by the way, have you got a friggin opinion on this whole thing, or did I just fall asleep before you got to it? And, by the way, now, by the way, sleep isn't something I do just because it's sleep! Sleep is something I do because I grew up doing it!
You spend way too much time hanging around that damned winery!

It's a shame that you can't understand his point. He's pretty passionate about the sport and that certainly comes across like him or not.

Les2

Oct 26, 2008
I don't see how anyone can listen to TP when he's on!

I read this morning where Mayfield was re-enstated but Nascar wasn't happy about it. A judge basically told them thats how it was gonna be for now. Nascar tried saying since they was private they didn't have to go by this ruling, but I think the judge set them straight on that?

This isn't 100% acurate but you get the point...I hope?

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
It's a shame that you can't understand his point. He's pretty passionate about the sport and that certainly comes across like him or not.

Yes he is passionate! So passionate, in fact, that the whole issue is blurred to him. He's arguing with people who are questioning NASCAR and, at the same time, he is questioning the Judge. Now this Judge isn't good enough for him because he doesn't know if the judge has ever been to a NASCAR race. Chocolate KNOWS what goes on at that race track and the Judge might not know.
If Benjamin can't change the subject, this is going to become a complete rodeo and Myers is going to blow a friggin gasket.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Yes he is passionate! So passionate, in fact, that the whole issue is blurred to him. He's arguing with people who are questioning NASCAR and, at the same time, he is questioning the Judge. Now this Judge isn't good enough for him because he doesn't know if the judge has ever been to a NASCAR race. Chocolate KNOWS what goes on at that race track and the Judge might not know.
If Benjamin can't change the subject, this is going to become a complete rodeo and Myers is going to blow a friggin gasket.

It sounds to me like you feel as strong on your opinions as he does on his. It's hard to debate opinions because everyone's right. I haven't had time to listen to the show other than the very beginning so I can't comment on all of the other stuff you mention. Personally, I think that the decision yesterday was wrong.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
I have total mixed feeling on it right now...

If he is guilty then the courts never should have given him permission to get into a race car and on that track with everyone else until this is all finished and done with, even tho they will be testing him left right and center.. And even if Jeremy is guilty he is gonna make sure he is clean while they are on him this much..

But.....

If he truly is innocent, then I feel horrible for the man and his family and hopes he nails it to Nascar....

Like I said it is tough for me, I am really torn and I won't know how I feel 100% until this is settled and even then I may still be torn if the whole truth came out, but such is life I guess..

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
I agree calypso7777. What concerns me also is the power judges have now.

But......so if mayfield gets back in the car and in the first race causes a HUGE wreck.....:eek:

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I really have a tough time with him being allowed to drive this weekend, if he wishes. I try to look at this in simple terms. NASCAR has a driver that fails the the drug test, big time. NASCAR didn't do the testing. The lab that they hired did the test. How do you let that driver back on the track. NASCAR would probably be held liable for anything that happens to him or because of him. That's a tough situation to be in IMO.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
In this situation I will side with Nascar for now. But I dont see the harm in questioning the sanctioning body about it. Its not like the Frances have never lied, cheated, screwed, swindled, or backstabbed anybody before right? right??

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
You guys are toooo much! If you honestly think that NASCAR wants to get rid of Mayfield, do you think that they'd do it by having him fail a drug test and bring all of this attention to the sport? Wouldn't be easier to have him fail some of the pre/post race inspections and slap a few 200+ thousand dollar penalties on him? If you a feel that strongly that the sanctioning body are lairs and cheaters, go watch another sport.

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
As I have said repeatedly, I will side with Nascar on this particular subject. I think both sides are telling the truth but the fault lies on Mayfield for not disclosing the nature of his perscriptions to begin with.

mghtx

2000 Man
Oct 23, 2008
If you a feel that strongly that the sanctioning body are lairs and cheaters, go watch another sport.

Easy there....:p I think we all love the sport....racing. But we can all cite times and places when nascar did some "fishy" stuff.

The sport I trust most is golf, then probably the NFL, especially with this new commisioner. Baseball is a joke....the NBA is an even bigger joke. I love hockey but they've had issues.

Nascar has problems because of their "it's our sandbox" game. Most of the time it works perfectly...other times it would help if there were an independant body of some sort to keep things honest. ;)

BobBski

Nov 30, 2008
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
Read a newspaper article today stating that 15 of the last 16 cases heard in California were overturned when they got to the U.S Supreme Court. Too many soft hearted judges ruling by what "feels good" vs what's right. Can't go around hurting and punishing people for wrongdoings. :confused::(

Note: I know the case wasn't heard in California...just a "related" article to judges legislating from the bench rather than enforcing the laws as hired to do.

Calypso

Queen Calypso
Apr 29, 2009
carsandcombat.com
Here is a link that will take you to Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth, Carl Edwards and Jeff Burton weighing in on the possibility of Jeremy Mayfield getting back out on the track in Daytona. Keep in mind tho Jeremy did miss the deadline for Daytona... But an idea of how some of the drivers feel... I would have loved to have video on Jeff and Jimmie as they were dead set against him racing if he was indeed testing positive.... I would have liked to hear their reaction to this.

NASCAR.COM Video - Sound Off: Mayfield injunction

crewguy

Oct 17, 2008
NEWSFLASH

Mayfield's new crewchief arrested at Daytona Speedway! This person was arrested for trying to get into the Daytona Speedway garages yesterday morning. Daytona police said he was being held on trespassing charges. The report stated that he was clearly under the influence of an unknown substance. News at 11!

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
NEWSFLASH

Mayfield's new crewchief arrested at Daytona Speedway! This person was arrested for trying to get into the Daytona Speedway garages yesterday morning. Daytona police said he was being held on trespassing charges. The report stated that he was clearly under the influence of an unknown substance. News at 11!

C'mon, man, get a clue! That ain't Mayfield's CC, that's Chocolate Myers right after someone argued that Kyle Busch was just like Dale Earnhardt used to be!