The Joint, SXM 42

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I find this channel name offensive.

I was trying to find a reggae channel to listen to (I forgot the name and channel #).

Is it named "The Joint" because reggae is Jamaican genre and Jamaican's stereotypically smoke weed and "joints"?

Someone throw me a bone here.

/I hate Howard Stern.
//I continue to listen.

Reactions: Biaviian

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
I find this channel name offensive.

I was trying to find a reggae channel to listen to (I forgot the name and channel #).

Is it named "The Joint" because reggae is Jamaican genre and Jamaican's stereotypically smoke weed and "joints"?

Someone throw me a bone here.

/I hate Howard Stern.
//I continue to listen.
I started a similar thread.
Its lame/childish/demeaning for Sirius to associate all reggae enthusiasts with pot smoking. especially when so many of us practice harm reduction. They should also call the rap station "crack house".

Reactions: Biaviian

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
I started a similar thread.
Its lame/childish/demeaning for Sirius to associate all reggae enthusiasts with pot smoking. especially when so many of us practice harm reduction. They should also call the rap station "crack house".

Whoa, interesting.

However, I'm digging this "crackhouse" station.... or better yet, Channel 45 - The Baby Daddy :churn:

But seriously, that shit is whack.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
Whoa, interesting.

However, I'm digging this "crackhouse" station.... or better yet, Channel 45 - The Baby Daddy :churn:

But seriously, that shit is whack.
the joint annoys me how it jumps back and forth from hard dancehall to roots every other song. Or it used too.. I haven't listened in a long time. The play-list always seemed really short and shallow, despite their constant touting of how deep it was.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
That's funny that I noticed this thread. When i canceled all but one of my radios I mentioned that the reason I am canceling is because of the name of this station. It is truly a dumb name. When I was working in an office every day I would listen to Sirius and I had to stop because of the new name. There is just no good way to explain why you have "The Joint" showing on your radio. I also stopped listening to it in my car because I didn't like having to explain.

Reactions: hyson

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
That's funny that I noticed this thread. When i canceled all but one of my radios I mentioned that the reason I am canceling is because of the name of this station. It is truly a dumb name. When I was working in an office every day I would listen to Sirius and I had to stop because of the new name. There is just no good way to explain why you have "The Joint" showing on your radio. I also stopped listening to it in my car because I didn't like having to explain.

:clap: Well, that's just it. How does listening to reggae on a "station" called the Joint reflect on you? Probably not favorably to some schmuck off the street.

I'm sure there's a plethora of other applicable names that could be used.

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Yeah, the old Sirius name.....Reggae Rhythms.

I also didn't like the bumpers they used to use of the Indian Rasta. It goes with the name I guess but they always had him making some dumb MJ joke. Don't get me wrong, I used to smoke more than anybody I know but that doesn't mean I want to listen to a Reggae station full of those bumpers.

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Is it just me or Willi Williams is played every other song or what?

Biaviian

Nov 17, 2008
Honestly I haven't listened to The Joint since I canceled all but one of my radios. That was well over 6 months ago.

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
Satellite

Shaggy and Friends 2014
Sat 2/1 12:00 pm ET
“Shaggy and Friends†is an annual benefit concert held in Kingston, Jamaica, with proceeds going to the only pediatric hospital in the English-speaking Caribbean, the Bustamante Hospital for Children. This year the event was another huge success raising more money than ever – The Shaggy Make a Difference Foundation has already donated the proceeds from the event in the amount of close to $700,000 to the hospital. For the first time, The Joint will air audio from the event exclusively. Tune in this weekend!

SIRIUSaboutXM

DRC Special Contributor
Oct 29, 2008
Anderson, SC
1782104_706206199401066_506664251_n.jpg

One love. Happy birthday, Bob Marley

Bob Marley's Birthday
Today 4:00 pm ET
The Joint will celebrate the birthday of Bob Marley, iconic superstar, with as much of his music as we can play (without alerting attorneys…). Today you there will be testimonies from friends, a visit from his son Ziggy Marley who has his own show on our channel, and hear him talk about the new single that will be the title song of his new album “Fly Rastaâ€. Happy Birthday Bob! Rebroadcast: Tonight 11:00 pm ET

eog26bbju004go60_8026.jpg

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
What the heck happened last week? The joint was moved to channel 19 and went back to bob marley radio (which I did enjoy) and 42 is a top 500 hip hong songs? This better mean the wu tang channel debuts soon on 42.

Reactions: HecticArt

MonoStereo

May 12, 2020
Kansas City
I think The Joint is streaming only now, which sucks. I love Bob Marley, but if I wanna hear reggae in the car I'd like more variety.