The Jackie Years

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I know some people here pine for the days of Jackie Marlowe. I am not among you, but listening to Fight Week has made me miss Jackie for 1 reason only - The Jackie Puppet.

Jackie Puppet > Jackie

"I neeeed weeeeeed"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcH7afsy4z0]YouTube - The Howard Stern Show - The Jackie Puppet[/ame]

Last edited:

Blitz71

Oct 12, 2008
Elizabethtown, PA
www.myspace.com
I know some people here pine for the days of Jackie Marlowe. I am not among you, but listening to Fight Week has made me miss Jackie for 1 reason only - The Jackie Puppet.

So then your probably more of a Billy West fan. He was the voice for the Jackie puppet.

I miss hearing Jackie's little laugh in the background but Artie is the man. Its all good.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
So then your probably more of a Billy West fan. He was the voice for the Jackie puppet.

I miss hearing Jackie's little laugh in the background but Artie is the man. Its all good.

Jackie would only laugh like that when Howard would say something that he(Jackie) wrote. I found that so annoying. I'm so glad he's off the show. Those fucking plugs and him acting like he was bigger than the show. Hopefully they cancel his shitty jokehunt.

Fergz99

Oct 14, 2008
The show was at its best then. It was long time ago now, and some of the things they did then, they couldn't do now, or Howard wouldn't want to do, but to me it was when the show was at its peak.

I would just like to say I'm sorry to my wife Nancy ......... please don't make a mockery of this

Reactions: jamesp717

Grüpsaar

DRC Forum Bum
Oct 11, 2008
Anytown, WI
www.youtube.com
Yeah, This was before me time too, but I have gotten to hear a good deal of it through replays, best ofs, etc. Definetly a differen't show then, but the Jackie Puppet was one of my favorite things about the old shows.

ProperModulation

Green Type of Tube
Oct 11, 2008
California
Jackie was great, and I miss him on the show when I hear old stuff like this. I also think Artie is great for the current incarnation of the show. It's not really correct to compare Artie to Jackie since they fill completely different roles.

Stuttering John on the other hand... Hearing the old tapes makes me remember how much I could not stand him.

VinnyM27

Oct 14, 2008
The Jackie Puppet/Billy West stuff is really the only thing I miss about Jackie as well. I wish they would have done more of the Robin Puppet. That was even funnier.

I don't remember a Robin puppet. I remember Jackie used to do her voice, though.

The whole reason to miss Jackie in general is because he was a ball buster and frankly it took a long time to that to happen again. I mean the "fight" between Artie and John? Pitiful because Artie was frankly stepping on eggshells (mostly with the biggies, though) while on at Krock. And frankly that changed the tone of the show too much. Sirius made him MUCH better in every way.

While Jackie clearly laughed at his own stuff, he also laughed when other people (including guests and Robin, who he clearly didn't write for) said something. That was waay to exaggerated and I think something Howard and the crew try to inflate. Cause the show evolved from laughing about funny stuff. Maybe it was a bit primitive (like the clapping) but I always loved when Jackie let out that annoying laugh!

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
It was also hilarious when Fred would play Jackie's laugh during a serious news story during robin's News.

Then the Jackie hate-mail would flood in from everyone thinking it was really him being an insensitive jerk. :)

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Since I only became a regular listener after the switch to satellite, I've only heard the Jackie years through MTT and Stern Spotlight stuff. I appreciate what Jackie added to the show, and I'm also one of the few people who like the Joke Hunt, but whenever the MTT is pre-Artie (which is most of the time), I can't help but feel that there's something missing. I'm just so used to Artie being there.

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
I miss Jackie. He fit in with the flow the of show. A smart guy, that added some levelheadedness (opposed to Fred's creppyheadness).

It was OK to make fun of Jackie. You didn't have to worry he'd OD after the show if you hurt his feelings.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

The show was at its best then. It was long time ago now, and some of the things they did then, they couldn't do now, or Howard wouldn't want to do, but to me it was when the show was at its peak.

I would just like to say I'm sorry to my wife Nancy ......... please don't make a mockery of this

I totally agree, those who say they hate Jackie because of all his plugs and phony laughter yet have no problem with arties self promotion and constantly stroking his own ego or kissing Howard's ass make me wonder why they listened all those years.

I find myself listening less and less, whenever I turn on the show and artie is blathering for 15 minutes about some BS that may or may not of ever happened it just bores me to tears. The fact that artie lets no one finish a sentence without injecting his own BS story brings the show to a screeching halt for me.

On the positive side though I am able to explore the other hundred and some odd channels and liking Sirius more and more while enjoying Howard and the show less and less.