The Holster

sportboy

Dec 18, 2008
That comes included in box, does it hold the G2 securely? Lets say I was walking or running on a treadmill, would it fall out?

Oct 29, 2008
It is a thick rubber material with a belt clip on the back. It fits the G2 very snugly. It would not fall out of the case it is very secure fit. I use the arm band at the gym myself, but you could use what you are asking about.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
That comes included in box, does it hold the G2 securely? Lets say I was walking or running on a treadmill, would it fall out?

Yes I use this a great deal while working outdoors and it holds it very snuggly so you won't have to worry about it failing out. Just make sure the belt clip is cliped properly and you'll be just fine!

xyzzy

Dec 16, 2008
The one thing I will say is that I was disappointed with the clip itself. From the initial pictures I saw, I had the impression it would be a nice hinged clip (like some Blackberry clips, or old school pagers). The reality is it's just molded plastic that flexes to bend out as needed vs a hinge. That said, the plastic isn't as cheap as some I've seen.

Oct 29, 2008
The one thing I will say is that I was disappointed with the clip itself. From the initial pictures I saw, I had the impression it would be a nice hinged clip (like some Blackberry clips, or old school pagers). The reality is it's just molded plastic that flexes to bend out as needed vs a hinge. That said, the plastic isn't as cheap as some I've seen.
Right no hinge on the clip, but like you said. It is strong. I don't anticipate that would break. The plastic is pretty thick. Besides it does not need to be flexed much to mount it on your belt.

pattere14

Dec 6, 2008
Protect your Slacker G2 with this rugged case. It features a removable sport-clip for active use. This is what it says on Slacker website. how do you remove the sport-clip other than taking the whole case off?

Oct 29, 2008
Protect your Slacker G2 with this rugged case. It features a removable sport-clip for active use. This is what it says on Slacker website. how do you remove the sport-clip other than taking the whole case off?
Good question. I had to take a closer look to answer your question. The clip can slide in, and out. At the bottom of the clip it has a plastic lock, or tab. You have to remove the tab to unlock, and remove the clip. When it is locked in place it is very secure, and does not move. When it is unlocked the clip removes very easily. I find the plastic lock/tab to be difficult to remove with my fingers, but then again I just cut my finger nails. You have to press the lock/tab together a bit then push it out to remove the clip. On the other hand I see no reason to remove the clip really. The clip is very low profile. The only reason I would see to remove it is if you will never use it.

Last edited:

pattere14

Dec 6, 2008
Thanks for the reply but do you do this from the inside of the case or the outside. Both sides has tabs. Thanks.

pattere14

Dec 6, 2008
Holy crap i got it. I'm not sure what they were going for with that. I suppose some people will like the option but for me ... the clip will stay on. I'm really happy with the G2 and the set up. In the car, i use the clip over top of the panavise vehicle specific mount that used to be for my sirius and i have the aux plug right there.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
I removed the belt clip from mine and used a small strip of Velcro on it and now I use that to mount it in my vehicle when I travel. Very nice setup and clean looking since it doesn't have to sit in a dock or anything. Removing the belt clip leaves a nice smooth surface to use the velcro.