The Guests of Christmas Past: History of Howard Part Two

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
This is just an observation of why I think some old timers have been on the show recently. You know, your Sandy Taylor's or your Sandy Bernhard's or your Sandy Wayne Bobbit's, that sort of thing. I think the real reason, or ulterior motive as to why they're invited onto the show, is because it would benefit the "tapes team" to have these older guests available to talk about what they remember about being guests on the show during the WXRK days.

This was something the "tapes team" did for the last History of Howard Stern special. I kept noticing that some of the topics discussed by Howard and the crew just a month or so before the special aired were the same bits used to help describe key parts of Howard's history.

I think that they're employing this method currently in helping to fill out the special that airs in December while also getting guests to fill up the time currently. It's a win-win situation for an old fart like myself, because lately I've really been enjoying the show with these older guests coming in. I can't wait for Belzer by the way.

Just a heads up posting, an observation...not a slam, not a roasting...just something to consider and to ponder more deeply the next time you hear a guest in the studio that hasn't been in the studio for years upon years. Howard is back to thinking "six moves ahead".

hank-the-dwarf

Oct 12, 2008
Baltimore Md
This is just an observation of why I think some old timers have been on the show recently. You know, your Sandy Taylor's or your Sandy Bernhard's or your Sandy Wayne Bobbit's, that sort of thing. I think the real reason, or ulterior motive as to why they're invited onto the show, is because it would benefit the "tapes team" to have these older guests available to talk about what they remember about being guests on the show during the WXRK days.

This was something the "tapes team" did for the last History of Howard Stern special. I kept noticing that some of the topics discussed by Howard and the crew just a month or so before the special aired were the same bits used to help describe key parts of Howard's history.

I think that they're employing this method currently in helping to fill out the special that airs in December while also getting guests to fill up the time currently. It's a win-win situation for an old fart like myself, because lately I've really been enjoying the show with these older guests coming in. I can't wait for Belzer by the way.

Just a heads up posting, an observation...not a slam, not a roasting...just something to consider and to ponder more deeply the next time you hear a guest in the studio that hasn't been in the studio for years upon years. Howard is back to thinking "six moves ahead".
Makes sense-i dont think the tapes team is very good,a few months ago they were asking thru mutt on sfn if anyone had old shows on mp3 that they could use.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Makes sense-i dont think the tapes team is very good,a few months ago they were asking thru mutt on sfn if anyone had old shows on mp3 that they could use.

Well, to be fair if there aren't any tapes of the show they know exist but can't find, there isn't much they can do. Howard's anal, but I doubt he was meticulous enough to have EVERY show he ever did on tape and available to them.

Jgatie

Banned
Oct 14, 2008
Well, to be fair if there aren't any tapes of the show they know exist but can't find, there isn't much they can do. Howard's anal, but I doubt he was meticulous enough to have EVERY show he ever did on tape and available to them.

He's admitted this. He said that Tom C., being his cheap ass self, reused a whole bunch of tapes because he never believed anyone would want to listen to old radio shows.

Heh, Tom C. - what a radio genius. :yesshake:

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
He's admitted this. He said that Tom C., being his cheap ass self, reused a whole bunch of tapes because he never believed anyone would want to listen to old radio shows.

Heh, Tom C. - what a radio genius. :yesshake:

The guy fought his suit and lost. How smart can he be?