scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
IDK, I can understand his point that: "We don't need a mandate for people to do the right thing".

scotchandcigar

All I wanted was some steak
Feb 13, 2009
Vacationland
IDK, I can understand his point that: "We don't need a mandate for people to do the right thing".
Why not? We can mandate what businesses can open, how they can serve the public, what sports are played, how schools are to operate, who can come into a state, how many trillions of dollars are to be handed out to people; so we can mandate masks too.

They can say "no mask, no business", so people can decide if they want their business to stay open or not. If my tax dollars are being handed out to other people, they'd better damn-well be wearing masks in public. Freedom and liberty apply to personal rights, not the public interest. This falls under infringing on the rights of other people.

Aside from that, it's abundantly clear that people are stupid, ignorant, and selfish. So if you want people to wear masks, you absolutely have to mandate it. Otherwise, you get the exact results that are happening right now. And as you know, mask-wearing has become politicized; there's a good percentage of people who will not wear a mask to prove a point. They are causing the situation to get much worse, and only a mandate can control that.

Reactions: HecticArt and Wolf

Wolf

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix
DRC can't force me to wear a mask. I go around the forum without one.

joking aside, I really do wear a mask everywhere I go. I wear one all day at work, after a while it feels uncomfortable. But I'm getting use it and it's are society we live in now. I do want people to wear a mask to help stop the spread. Because I would like to see our lives go back to normal soon.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Why not? We can mandate what businesses can open, how they can serve the public, what sports are played, how schools are to operate, who can come into a state, how many trillions of dollars are to be handed out to people;

Exactly, we have far too many mandates already.

• Sad
Reactions: HecticArt

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
From what I can tell as an outside observer looking in, you had the right mandates in place for the most part. You were heading down the right path. Then you all rushed to repeal the mandates, forgot everything your learned about social distancing and tried to make wearing a mask like taking away your AK-47s. Now you are heading to a very bad place and not much can be done about it.

If everybody would wear a mask within 3 weeks it will be manageable again. Just saying.

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Why not? We can mandate what businesses can open, how they can serve the public, what sports are played, how schools are to operate, who can come into a state, how many trillions of dollars are to be handed out to people; so we can mandate masks too.

They can say "no mask, no business", so people can decide if they want their business to stay open or not. If my tax dollars are being handed out to other people, they'd better damn-well be wearing masks in public. Freedom and liberty apply to personal rights, not the public interest. This falls under infringing on the rights of other people.

Aside from that, it's abundantly clear that people are stupid, ignorant, and selfish. So if you want people to wear masks, you absolutely have to mandate it. Otherwise, you get the exact results that are happening right now. And as you know, mask-wearing has become politicized; there's a good percentage of people who will not wear a mask to prove a point. They are causing the situation to get much worse, and only a mandate can control that.
TESTIFY Brother Scotch!!!!!!

This shis isn't going to get better anytime soon if people don't stop being selfish and stupid.

Reactions: scotchandcigar

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
From what I can tell as an outside observer looking in, you had the right mandates in place for the most part. You were heading down the right path. Then you all rushed to repeal the mandates, forgot everything your learned about social distancing and tried to make wearing a mask like taking away your AK-47s. Now you are heading to a very bad place and not much can be done about it.

If everybody would wear a mask within 3 weeks it will be manageable again. Just saying.
That's absolutely correct.

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
People who refuse to wear masks to protect themselves and others from the coronavirus are dumb dodos – just like people who refuse to wear a helmet when they're on a moped or motorcycle. Many of these people wind up dying. That will teach them!

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I know I've been posting a lot of Ozzy Man videos these days (thanks Evil for turning me onto him a while ago) but this is another great one:

Maybe Saudi Arabia had a point for all those years.