The draaaaaaaaaaaaaaft

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
As much as I'd like to see a Red Raider go number one overall, the Lions would have to complete idiots to again take a wide receiver in the first round, much less with the very first pick. I've said it on here before, I'd take Matthew Stafford if I was Detroit.

As for Houston, I'm hoping Aaron Maybin is still on the board when number 15 rolls around. They could use him in a rush-linebacker/defensive end hybrid kind of role. Line him up beside DeMeco Ryans at LB or opposite Mario Williams at DE....sounds nice to me.

If Maybin isn't there at 15, I'm hoping Brian Orakpo is still availabe. In any event, Houston had better use their first round pick on defense.

Last edited:

blyons200

These pretzels are making me thirsty.
Oct 12, 2008
The BBQ Capital
I think the Lions would do well to trade it away. Then go for offensive and defensive line. Start building the defense. If I know the kind of coach Jim Schwartz is, and I do, you will see a big emphasis on the defense in this draft. Jeff Fisher 101, strong defense, solid running game, ball control, and smart clock management. If you have the ball the other team can't score on you!

As for my team, the Titans, if we can keep most of our players, (please hold on to Haynesworth), and get a playmaking wide reciever either through the draft or free agency, we should be just fine. That Championship window is wide open for Tennessee right now. Maybe get a little depth on both sides of the line would be good too.

I'm of the opinion it all starts with line play on both sides of the ball. You don't need a team of stars. The team that gets it done in the trenches is usually the team that gets the win. As in:

Steelers
Titans
Ravens
That's the model to follow.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Andre Smith of Alabam is costing himself millions of dollars this week at the Combine. I think his character is just too big a question mark now to take him in the top 5, maybe even the top 10. First he was suspended for the Sugar Bowl, now he just leaves the Combine unannounced...he has pretty much guaranteed Jason Smith and Eugene Monroe to be higher picks than himself.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Here's a funny clip of NFL Network's Rich Eisen running the 40-yard dash at the Combine. He should have at least taken off his jacket...

The replays they give at the end are hilarious.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZb3DRt6_Gk]YouTube - Rich Eisen 2009 40 Yard Dash[/ame]

Last edited:

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
Is it true that the Lions are changing jerseys this year?
I saw this pic...

3251978803_cc80d945ac_o.jpg