The debut of the Slacker Spotlight

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Hey guys , we are debuting the Slacker Spotlight.

We will be spotlighting one professionally programmed station and one custom station each week. If you would like to have your customized station spotlighted please posted it in the Share your Slacker Stations Thread.

If you would like to suggest a customized station or professional programmed station to highlight, please feel free to post it here.

Once you've listen to the the selected station and feel you've heard it enough to give it a review, then please go to the appropriate thread and give some feedback. We ask that you include rather you have changed the fine tuning setting or not. Tell us what you liked, didn't like. Tell us if you think you'll be listening to this channel again or if you've added it to your G1/G2 or other portable device. Say whatever you want just give us a general review of your take on the channel.

You can also rate the selected station by giving it how many stars you feel the station deserves.

Terrible = 1 star
Bad = 2 stars
Average = 3 stars
Good = 4 stars
Excellent = 5 stars

We look forward to your reviews and your rating on the stations as we go through them.

Remember this will only be successful if you participate, so we encourage you to listen and get involved. Please add the link to this forum to your Facebook account and advertise for us if you wish too. Below I am including a graphic you may use to add to your Facebook or other social networking account to link back to us.

Thanks,

DRC Team

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DAB and Aaron

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Hey guys, help us get the word out about this on the Slacker and other forums. We want others to join the forum and become part of this.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Our Graphics guy RoscoRyan can do that, but he is a bit tied up right now. I'll send him a request though. If Jleimer is good at that sort of thing he can do it too.

Oct 29, 2008
I don't see any rules, or instructions of any kind. Is this a game ? Other then listen to the station......what is going on here. Some of us don't do walk the dog, or sat radio. Would you mind filling in the blanks for those like myself ? I see two people have offered a rating of some sort. Is that a personal review ? What if you don't like the music period. Do you just skip that particular station, and not participate ? I suppose I could look at the walk the dog threads, but the sat radio forums bore me to death. Sorry.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
I don't see any rules, or instructions of any kind. Is this a game ? Other then listen to the station......what is going on here. Some of us don't do walk the dog, or sat radio. Would you mind filling in the blanks for those like myself ? I see two people have offered a rating of some sort. Is that a personal review ? What if you don't like the music period. Do you just skip that particular station, and not participate ? I suppose I could look at the walk the dog threads, but the sat radio forums bore me to death. Sorry.

Here are the guidelines to this , review the two stations I have posted this week with your fine tuning settings and give them a rating from 1 to 5 stars. You do not have to participate in all of them , participate in the ones you like and are willing to listen to. I will post this as a sticky on the guidelines of it. As time goes on I will probably add on a interactive element where you can vote which stations are spotlighted.

Jleimer

Oct 30, 2008
Sparks,NV
Monday each week , and I dont know when but I may start having voting take place for which slacker stations do you guys want to spotlight soon.