The Crow

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Being a really lousy day outside, we've kind of just been bumming around today. We went out earlier and did soem running around but now, it is late afternoon and I'm in for the night. My wife is getting ready to go to work, which she really doesn't want to do tonight.

Anyway, for the past two hours we've been watching THE CROW on the Syfy network. What a great, generation defining movie. I'm 32, my wife is 34 so this movie came out when GRUNGE was at it's highest point, in 1994.

The soundtrack rocks, the movie is compeltely dark and hopeless and just really captured the period of the mid 90's so well. Plus, the legend of Jason Lee and the whole LEE family was certainly enhanced by the untimely death of the the star.

I realize that the film has it's cheesy parts but as a movie that really has a kick ass soundtrack and is just really dark and dreary. it is one of those movies that will always remind me of a very specific time in my life.

Reactions: hyson

memebag

Top Brass, ADVP
Oct 11, 2008
Lake Huntzing
What a great, generation defining movie.

Really? I thought this was a better generation defining image:

hyson

Forum Jerk
Oct 19, 2008
Funny you should mention that movie... they say, "It can't rain all the time."

Well, it sure as shit feels like it's been raining for the past month where I live.

Oh, and don't watch the myriad sequels. They completely bastardize the original Crow.... you cannot replace Eric Draven.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Ice Ice Baby was a #1 hit in 1990 and Baby Got Back was a 1992 release.

See, the '90's did suck. :p

I could swear I remember listening to Ice Ice Bay back in like 1988 - I was a sophomore. And I was ahead of the curve with mix a lot... I started listening to him in 86/87. I was long over him by the time baby got back came out.

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I could swear I remember listening to Ice Ice Bay back in like 1988 - I was a sophomore. And I was ahead of the curve with mix a lot... I started listening to him in 86/87. I was long over him by the time baby got back came out.

Noooo. 1990 :)

See, the '90's did suck. :p

I'm putting on my birthday suit now! :eek:mfg:
Posted via Mobile Device