The Bridge to return in January?

AZJoe

Oct 11, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Over on www. Satelliteguys.us they are claiming DirecTV shows where The Bridge (12) on Sirius will be added to the XM lineup after January 1. I hope this is so, but as much as The Bridge has been hijacked and jacked around , I still won't believe it until it happens. :rolleyes:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Over on www. Satelliteguys.us they are claiming DirecTV shows where The Bridge (12) on Sirius will be added to the XM lineup after January 1. I hope this is so, but as much as The Bridge has been hijacked and jacked around , I still won't believe it until it happens. :rolleyes:

This is the 2nd source. Zeller confirmed this as well (although I am not sure how much I can trust him). I am cautiosly optimistic.

TX WJ

Intelligent Donkey
Oct 15, 2008
Chucktown
This is great news, I have Directv and there were only a few stations that I could listen to for more than a few songs. Other than 70's on 7 or Flight 26 I would have to bring my wifes PNP in the house when we wanted to listen to music.

Sirius on Directv, love it.

My mom will too, then again she loved Movin EZ, something tells me that I am going to get a call in the am. Last year when they put Christmas music there she called me to find out what was going on.

crazeecarroll

Oct 18, 2008
WOW!!! I hope The Bridge does indeed make a return... That is one channel I really like to listen to as the music they play is the very same music I played when I first started in broadcasting... This time and I know it is a long shot maybe it will be left alone... (Wishful Thinking) I know. CC

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
WOW!!! I hope The Bridge does indeed make a return... That is one channel I really like to listen to as the music they play is the very same music I played when I first started in broadcasting... This time and I know it is a long shot maybe it will be left alone... (Wishful Thinking) I know. CC

Hi crazeecarroll I would like to give to you a :bigclap: for your choice of music in your "broadcasting".

I have said so many times that being from NYC all my life and having a great number of choices of stations to listen to ( and I really can't complain we did have great DJ's along with their music ) but for some reason I can't recall not one of them even coming close to playing the variety that the "Bridge" gives to us. Maybe it was just a different time..... But for now I just know that it would be a shame if we do not get the "Bridge" back.

I will say that this time around I did go shopping at the other stations that Sirius/XM has to offer when the "Bridge" was under construction and I totally did find some pretty cool ones, only thing is each time I found one :wow: they replaced it with something else :idunno:

I'll take a quote from one of "George Michael's songs..........l

"You gotta have faith, faith, faith, faith, faith"

( not really sure how many "faith's" he sang but I''m sure my point was made :blah: )

Once again "the waiting game"

diane

Last edited:

crazeecarroll

Oct 18, 2008
Awwwwwwww I had a blast playing the tunes... Sometimes I was not sure if I was gonna get a paycheck, but had lots of fun!!! All of those groups that are staples of The Bridge for the most part get played on radio stations, but it is the TLC that is given to it and how it is presented that makes it so unique. The last run it had on Sirius was it's best... You heard all the popular stuff, but also was treated to the deeper tracks as well... I hope this time that Sirius/XM will go the expanded route and stick with the 70's & 80's and not try to merge too many 90's song in the mix unlike what they have done a few other times... CC

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
I'm really happy to see that the "Bridge" is getting more attention ( more now then when it was first taken off ).

Totally agree with you the last time around was not their best as far as producing the great sounds prior to then.

The first time that I became a fan of the "Bridge" they played songs that I never heard before and it was so really cool.

When it came back last time I phoned the "programing dept" to thank them but now when I look back it was just a little strange at what he said which was "I hope that your not too disapointed" and I asked him why did they change the format and of cause he said "no" just a little strange now that I look back because they obviously did, some for the good and some for the not so good. It was perfect.... :clap:

As I said before, "now starts the waiting game" :icon_question::icon_question:

HomieG

Oct 13, 2008
I think I read somewhere that the Bridge will be on Sirius 33 when it comes back. Any idea where it will be on XM if they also simulcast it there?

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I am very glad to have it back but I am sure there is more Payola channels along the way. At least the station name is not Sirius 33.

deedee

Oct 16, 2008
New York, New York
I am very glad to have it back but I am sure there is more Payola channels along the way. At least the station name is not Sirius 33.

:bigclap: This time around I have to say that you kept the "Bridge" not too far from the fan's minds and just maybe Sirius's mind. Of cause every now and then we die-hards would join in, but you kept the "Bridge" going.

I think you deserve the :dj: award this time !!

Thank's IdRatherBeSkiing, and lets think about the great music that is being played .......

diane

Last edited: