The 2021 NFL Offseason Thread

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
For as much as dislike the Skins, this is a nice story:

Taylor Heinicke Went From XFL Backup To Signing A 2 Year, $8.75 Million Contract In The Span Of 1 Game​

Let's talk NFL offseason.

Reactions: Aaron

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
I think the Steelers need a makeover. I think the time for a new QB is upon them.

IDK, I'd be happy to have Ben for a year or two.

And on that note, Wentz wants out. Word has it, it will either be the Cots or Bears where he winds up. Word also has it that he's pissed with the team because he thinks they are making the trade conditions too demanding. I'm w/the Eagles here, with what's left on Wentz's contract (much of which the Birds will have to pay out) why not try to get all you can out of the deal? Another first round pick this year world be very nice.

Reactions: goreds2

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
According to Tony Grossi of ESPN 850 in Cleveland, defensive end J.J. Watt is not interested in playing with his brothers T.J. and Derek in Pittsburgh as a member of the Steelers.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
FINALLY!

The Wentz trade to the Colts is done. That took way too long. We get a second and third round pick but not this year.

Now with the overall #6 this draft we need to keep an eye on QB's that fall but in general I say give Hurts a year to prove himself. If he steps up, great. If not, draft a QB in the 2022 draft. Now One thing is clear, if we draft a QB with #6 this year we have to trade Hurts right away. We do not need a repeat of this whole Wentz situation.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
FINALLY!

The Wentz trade to the Colts is done. That took way too long. We get a second and third round pick but not this year.

Now with the overall #6 this draft we need to keep an eye on QB's that fall but in general I say give Hurts a year to prove himself. If he steps up, great. If not, draft a QB in the 2022 draft. Now One thing is clear, if we draft a QB with #6 this year we have to trade Hurts right away. We do not need a repeat of this whole Wentz situation.
Based on past experience with the Eagles, if there is a wrong decision to be made, they will make it.

Didn't get much for him btw but I guess good to have him gone.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Based on past experience with the Eagles, if there is a wrong decision to be made, they will make it.

Got that right.

When Howie had the Birds draft Wentz in 2016 he said that he picked a QB that year because he had evaluated the QB's coming 2017 and the talent wasn't there.

Guess who was drafted in 2017...Mahomes and Watson. Yea, the talent pool really dried up in 2017, hah.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Wentz hasn't been out long term in like 3 seasons now so it's very likely we will wind up with the 1st rounder.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
Overall this is the right decision that I've talked about here. Give Hurts a year. If he turns into something, great. If not, we will likely have another high pick in 2022 that can be used on a QB. But it's never good when the owner gets involved this heavily. This excerpt sums it up best:

Giving Hurts a shot as the Eagles QB with as little distractions as possible is the right move for the team this year. However, if Lurie doesn't trust the front office/coaching staff to make that right move to the point he's forced to direct the franchise altering decisions...What. The. SHIT. Get people in there you actually trust to make the right calls, man. Why is it this difficult?!?!?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
Overall this is the right decision that I've talked about here. Give Hurts a year. If he turns into something, great. If not, we will likely have another high pick in 2022 that can be used on a QB. But it's never good when the owner gets involved this heavily. This excerpt sums it up best:

Giving Hurts a shot as the Eagles QB with as little distractions as possible is the right move for the team this year. However, if Lurie doesn't trust the front office/coaching staff to make that right move to the point he's forced to direct the franchise altering decisions...What. The. SHIT. Get people in there you actually trust to make the right calls, man. Why is it this difficult?!?!?

I always liked Jalen Hurts. Good to see him get a shot. Too bad it’s with the Eagles.

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
At best we go .500 this year. Give Jalen a shot. Hopefully he proves himself.