The 2019 M. L. B. Season Thread

What is the toughest division in M.L.B.?

• A.L. Central

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A.L. West

• N.L. East

• N.L. West

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
The Dodgers and Giants were bitter rivals when they played in New York state and they're been even more bitterer rivals since they've been in California. Both teams make it tough for the other NL West teams -- but the Dodgers-Giants rivalry can't top the Yankees-Red Sox rivalry. My vote goes to:

upload_2019-3-28_15-41-40.jpeg

Reactions: semipenguin

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Jays lose their opener to the Tigers 2-0 in 10. Looks like bleak days are ahead if we can’t even beat the Tigers.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

Reactions: semipenguin

Channel98

Don't yell or hit.
Feb 2, 2019
Glendale CA
Mike Trout today went 1 for 3 with a walk -- and a leg cramp. His hit was one of only three Angels hits in the game. I expect Arte Moreno will soon come to regret giving Trout that outrageous 12-year, $430,000,000 contract.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
Love the Red Sox score.

First game attending for us tonight. Got a package for every home game in March & April except opener.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Mike Trout today went 1 for 3 with a walk -- and a leg cramp. His hit was one of only three Angels hits in the game. I expect Arte Moreno will soon come to regret giving Trout that outrageous 12-year, $430,000,000 contract.
I had a leg cramp last night.
Can I get paid now?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I could care less how much someone gets paid for playing a kids game.

The only thing that would piss me off is if these millionaires decided to go on strike for doing said kids game.

Then I would have a problem.

Otherwise, get over it :hatsoff:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Tigers 0
Blue Jays 6

Astros 2
Rays 4

Rockies 6
Marlins 1

Cardinals 9
Brewers 5

Angels 6
Athletics 2

Red Sox 7
Mariners 6

Giants 1
Padres 4

Diamondbacks 5
Dodgers 4

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
What qualifies as a mound visit? Last night we saw they actually have remaining "MV" on the scoreboard. It appeared that the catcher going out qualified in one instance and not another. Is it anybody talking to the pitcher or just the coaches? I assume changing a pitcher or injury visits do not count?

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
What qualifies as a mound visit? Last night we saw they actually have remaining "MV" on the scoreboard. It appeared that the catcher going out qualified in one instance and not another. Is it anybody talking to the pitcher or just the coaches? I assume changing a pitcher or injury visits do not count?
What is a Mound Visit? | Glossary

Definition
The members of the coaching staff (including the manager) can make one mound visit per pitcher per inning without needing to remove the pitcher from the game. If the same pitcher is visited twice in one inning, the pitcher must be removed from the contest. These mound visits are limited to 30 seconds, starting when the manager or coach has exited the dugout and been granted time by the umpire. The mound visit is considered to be concluded once the manager or coach leaves the 18-foot circle surrounding the pitching rubber, though they are permitted to temporarily leave that area to notify the umpire of a substitution. In that case, the manager or coach can then return to the mound without it being counted as two mound visits.

Mound visits are limited to five per team per nine innings, with teams receiving an additional visit for every extra inning played. Any manager, coach or player visit to the mound counts as a mound visit under this rule, though visits to the mound to clean cleats in rainy weather, to check on a potential injury or after the announcement of an offensive substitution are excepted. Normal communication between a player and pitcher that doesn't require either to vacate his position on the field doesn't count as a visit. If a team is out of visits, the umpire will have discretion to grant a brief visit at the catcher's request if a cross-up has occurred between the pitcher and catcher.

Reactions: IdRatherBeSkiing

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Mets 11
Nationals 8

Orioles 5
Yankees 3

Indians 2
Twins 1

White Sox 6
Royals 8