That other Earnhardt

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Jeffrey Earnhardt, grandson of seven-time NASCAR champion Dale Earnhardt and cousin of current Sprint Cup star Dale Earnhardt Jr., will make his Nationwide Series debut May 30 at Dover International Speedway.

What do ya think about that? Is he just another driver with everything handed to him? I just wish he could get some serious track time before the All-Star race so he could field a car and he could be voted in! :rolleyes:

Article here -> Jeffrey Earnhardt to debut at Dover | www.thatsracin.com

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Proof that the fan vote is just wrong anyway that you look at it.

You realize that was a joke, right? But, I do agree with you on the fan voting thing. I don't think that is a way that you should be able to get into that race. And, no, I don't care that the fan vote won last year.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I agree with you. I only pasted the info. I just had this conversation with my wife and she also said nephew. Every story I see on this states cousin. Is it the half-brother thing? :confused:

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
He is Dale Jr's nephew, Kerry's son.
I don't know where the cousin thing came from, I've never seen him listed as that anywhere.
in 2008, while he was driving for Andy Santerre, a bunch of us were at Andy's benefit snowmobile ride in Caribou Maine on Bud Shootout weekend. We watched the race in the bar at the Caribou Inn and, as Jeffrey and his CC Clint Cram and a couple other crewmembers were sitting at our table, we had a pretty good time with him when "Uncle Junior" won the shootout.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
He is Dale Jr's nephew, Kerry's son.
I don't know where the cousin thing came from, I've never seen him listed as that anywhere.

If you had bothered clicking on the link in post #1 you'd at least know of one place. It was also stated that way on TMD last week. That's why I questioned it. It didn't seem right to me. ;)

fishy

Dec 2, 2008
Up heah in Maine
If you had bothered clicking on the link in post #1 you'd at least know of one place. It was also stated that way on TMD last week. That's why I questioned it. It didn't seem right to me. ;)

Sorry, I didn't see the link. I stopped reading at the handed to him comment.
For what it's worth, Kerry's pretty adamant about him making his own way and very little is getting handed to him. He's probably never going to be a huge talent, he can drive but he's no Kyle Busch.
Great kid, though, a lot of fun and real down to earth. Kerry has been a pretty strict dad and a good influence.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Heck, I'm not knocking Kerry or Jeffery. I'm an Earnhardt fan. I was simply trying to get some conversation going on this board. What topic is better to do that then Earnhardt?

I was also trying to knock the All-Star voting. I don't like it and I was just trying to show how wrong it is. If the All-Star voting is left as an option for years to come and Jeffery Earnhardt somehow has the opportunity to fire up that engine for the qualification race, win or lose, he'd be voted into the All-Star race. It would happen and it would be wrong!