Thanx For The New Server .....

JHDK

Release Robin's Bra
Oct 11, 2008
Hyrule
A plugin exists, but for traffic purposes we'd rather you use your adult words to express your displeasure in a unique and exciting way. I suggest a thesaurus if you run out of words.

Hell, just make up words. It's what the kids are doing. :D

Reactions: semipenguin

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbert is not and never will be ice cream
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
I think the software should just automatically dislike anything with Nickleback mentioned in a positive way. We don't need a button.

Wolf

Jewbacca
Oct 11, 2008
Utopia
www.wolfyre13.com
So you are saying if you dislike Nickelback, but it will be mentioned in a positive way? So you do like Nickelback, see I knew you Canadians like them. :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
The plugin I installed supports a bunch of sites including Twitter. I could've probably just made some hooks for Twitter in the BBCode Media section of the backend, but the plugin was easier and seems readily supported.

Google is apparently heavy about ranking SSL sites higher than non-SSL, so I wanted to get that all fixed in some manner but also improve the speed of the site.

Productive weekend anyway. I did actually get some work done for my regular gig in the Broadband industry as well.
I notice when I load some pages it seems to be loading from facebook, twitter, and stuff. I assume it is this plugin that is causing this? This does not delay the loading/display of the page but does delay the final movement to the first unread post. I suspect this is more noticeable at times when the sites are slower (or my son is downloading some video slowing my internet down).

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
Calls to other websites can definitely slow down the overall experience on pages that have embedded content, but I haven't experienced it myself. This isn't a unique thing to DRC if it does happen, it would affect any website (blogs, etc.) that embed content from other sources and digest it.

There are probably some optimization tricks to improve this, like shifting the javascript traffic until after the page loads, etc. I'm not so sure they're easy to implement for me though. It may be that our embed module already does this too, at least for some of the sites, like twitter, where it shows Loading Tweet first.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
One more quirk. Appears to be a post time check on editing a post. I need to wait 30 secs to edit. This did not used to be so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drdroo

#1 by Women 18-24
Staff member
Oct 9, 2008
Bangor, ME USA
I changed it to 10 seconds. Unfortunately there's no way to separate it out between flood control between messages and disabling the edit feature. I'm not really sure why it has any effect on the edit feature really, seems kind of bizarre to me, but I guess that's how it works.

Reactions: Aaron

IdRatherBeSkiing

Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
For anyone using Tapatalk, did your app recently update?
Where to find the threads with unread posts??
It updated a day or so ago. I just go to notifications and it shows threads I am subscribed to. New threads are hit and miss. Sometimes I get notified.

Sent from my iPhone6S using Tapatalk

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I ended up uninstalling Tapatalk about a month ago.
Too many adds and an endless stream of "recommended posts" or whatever.
It was just easier to use my phone's browser.

Reactions: semipenguin