Thank You

Bagman

Oct 15, 2008
The ATL
Folks...

I have never lived a day like this before... I have never felt the way I feel today. And frankly, I'm having a difficult time dealing with losing a friend today.

On behalf of us all on The Morning Drive, we thank you for your generous outpouring of well wishes. The number of folks that have taken the time to share their thoughts of David across so many mediums is very overwhelming.

Tomorrow morning will be an extremely difficult day for us all. We ask for your patience and understanding as we try to get through this.

Thanks again.

Bags

Reactions: Aaron

Snafam

Oct 31, 2008
Bags, I feel like I lost a friend today, yet I never met David. Your grief is touching, and shows the depth of your friendship with David.

You may cry tomorrow, and you may laugh. And we will be doing the same right along with you.

Ruaidh

Oct 15, 2008
Bags, my heart goes out to you.
To lose a friend is hard enough, but to lose a friend and partner is devastating.
We will all, of course, go on and I hope you can find a new partner to complement you as well as David did.
Give us some dramatic readings and the Morning Drive rules from David to help us all get through.

Shinny side up, Bag Man

From the great white north
Ruaidh

DexterMorgan

Oct 22, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Mike I cant imagine what it must feel like to lose your friend mere minutes after spending 4 hours with him live on national radio with no warning signs anything was wrong. I was listening to TMD on a replay when I read the news and it was especially shocking since I was listening to a broadcast that was live 3 or 4 hours prior.

Keep the strength Bagman.

antsie

Oct 20, 2008
Can't remember
Mike:

The days a head of you will be difficult and at times unbearable, please know that we will be right here, laughing and crying right along with you. We’ll continue to listen to the show and do what we can to support you.

David is a great man and will be truly missed.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
Mike, you and David made radio gold for sure. I never could get into TMD when it was Marty and David, but you made a huge difference. This is a hard time, but we will all heal and carry on. Best of luck to you and the boys in the Beltway.

Pink Willie

Oct 14, 2008
Byron, Ga
David will truly be missed. He was rare among those who report on NASCAR. When he saw BS, he called BS! He did not tow the “Company Lineâ€.

Thanks to you and the crew Mike for the show this morning. It is so heartwarming to hear all the voices of the NASCAR family.

Keep the faith!

RobbieOhio

Apr 29, 2009
Canton, OH / Bristol, TN
David will most definitely be missed. He was a great writer... I always enjoyed listening to The Morning Drive on my way in to work most every morning. He was a true professional.

Bags, we're all with you on this ride. And, while I never got a chance to meet David (or you, for that matter) or to let either of you know how much I enjoy your radio program and your words here, I can say that you guys are friends and very much a part of my family.

My thoughts are with Mike and every one of you at Sirius NASCAR Radio. My heartfelt prayers to those who knew, worked, and respected David -- and to his wife Katy and family but most importantly to his grandson, Eli, the light of his life.

Rest well, Mr. Poole. We'll all see you again soon. You just made it up to Heaven before the rest of us.

-- Robbie Lewis, Canton OH

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
Bags listened to you this morning and I know how hard it was for you. Hearing you choke up at the top of every hour was gut wrenching. I am one of those fans of nascar that have become more educated about Nascar by David Poole. I will be making a donation in David honor to Pennies for Wessa and Victory Junction Gang.

As Ben White quoted Bobby Allison yesterday "you can't go to heaven until you die." God Bless David Poole and the Poole Family. God Bless The Morning Drive Family.

greywolf

Apr 29, 2009
Thank you, Mike for making it a bit easier for us today, you being on the radio this morning really helped. I haven't met you or David but felt as if I've known both of you. You being at work this morning, after suffering such a great loss, gave me strength. My thoughts and prayers are with you and David's family through these hard times.