"thank you george carlin" !!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Studio Lounge' started by deedee, Feb 4, 2009.

1. deedee

deedee Active Member

Tonight on PBS ( channel 13 ) "The Mark Twain Prize 2008 recipient of the American humor prize" will be broadcast.

To me he was one of our greatest Comedian's of this generation, so far ahead of his ( and our) time. I hope that I was able to let some of you know just in case you would like to see it.

I'm sorry "George" that you were not here to view it.

Really luv & miss you, :candle::flowers::flowers::flowers:

2. semipenguin

semipenguin Cheeseburger Connoisseur

It's too bad we could not do this while he was still alive...:worried:

:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Aaron

Aaron Moderator

George Carlin was great. Thanks for the heads-up deedee!

4. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

I saw a show about him recently (after his passing) and he did know he was going to get the honor. So at least he knew he was appreciated.

5. Casual Fan

Casual Fan Surprisingly nice

Rat shit! Bat shit!
    Dirty old twat!
    Sixty-nine assholes tied in a knot!
    Hooray, lizard shit, fuck!

6. Evil_Ernie

Evil_Ernie Smell my finger

I DVR'd it and will watch it later. George was the best!! I'm glad I got to see him in concert 4 times during his career.

You are missed, George.

7. xan_user

xan_user Banned

"Why do you keep running allthe red lights?"
    "Don't worry my brother drives this way."
    "Why did you just stop at this green light?"
    "My brother might be coming the other way!"

8. Vargas

Vargas Molon Labe!

I watched part of this last night (when Lily Tomlin was on all I could think of was her meltdown on the set of I heart Huckabee's that Stern always plays) but the show actually made me sad that I did not have a new George Carlin stand up show on HBO to look forward too.

I have all of his books and have seen every HBO special and think he was the best stand up ever. He was so intelligent, so witty, so profound and so insightfull that it is just a shame that he is no longer here. I loved his bits on religion and business and how he could make anything and everything look like a total waste of time.

His genious will never be truly appreciated no matter how many awards he gets.

By the way, did Gary Shandling look really distrubing? He has had so much plastic surgery that he just looks bizarre. His face was so pulled back he looked almost Asian.

9. JoeTan

JoeTan Well-Known Member

"By the way, did Gary Shandling look really distrubing? He has had so much plastic surgery that he just looks bizarre. His face was so pulled back he looked almost Asian."

Yes he did! More like Gilbert Gottfred!