Thank you Charlie Murphy!

AmuN

Oct 22, 2008
During the Charlie Murphy interview Robin made a comment about Micheal Vick. Charlie Murphy's response made her shut up and also made Howard change the subject.

For those of you that missed it I'll do a loose recap.

CM: The military straightened out my life because I was able to leave my community and see how others live their lives.

RQ: Micheal Vick left his community but it didnt change him, he's still childish.

CM: Dog fighting is bigger then Micheal Vick, if you're so concerned about it then do something about dog fighting as a whole. Don't just sit there pointing the finger at Vick.

I am so happy someone said it. I'm so tired of listening to Howard saying Vick should be kicked out of the NFL, and when the people who actually killed other human beings are mentioned Howard redirects the conversation to how bad of a person Micheal Vick is.

Thank you for putting Robin in her place Charlie!
:bigclap:

Snoozer

Oct 13, 2008
Canada Eh!
Today, I thought Howard said he couldn't care less if he played again. He doesn't watch anyways. He just said he's a dick.

MAJ Badmotherfarker

is drinking a beer.
Oct 11, 2008
Washington D.C.
Dog fighting isn't what annoys me about the Vick situation. It's the hanging, shooting and beating with hammers to remove teeth of dogs that bothers me. Letting dogs fight is a culture- just like roosters. I don't get it, and I don't like it. But... killing, maiming and torturing animals provides insight into the guys psychology. Anyone that can hang a dog or smash them in the mouth to remove teeth so that they can act as a training dog is a sick motherfucker. Even worse when the guy is a fucking millionaire and not doing horrible things because he was starving - no longer excusable.

Reactions: Snoozer

rickster53

Oct 16, 2008
Syracuse,NY
Letting dogs fight is a culture- just like roosters. I don't get it, and I don't like it. But... killing, maiming and torturing animals provides insight into the guys psychology. Anyone that can hang a dog or smash them in the mouth to remove teeth so that they can act as a training dog is a sick motherfucker.

Exactly!

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
Dog fighting isn't what annoys me about the Vick situation. It's the hanging, shooting and beating with hammers to remove teeth of dogs that bothers me. Letting dogs fight is a culture- just like roosters. I don't get it, and I don't like it. But... killing, maiming and torturing animals provides insight into the guys psychology. Anyone that can hang a dog or smash them in the mouth to remove teeth so that they can act as a training dog is a sick motherfucker. Even worse when the guy is a fucking millionaire and not doing horrible things because he was starving - no longer excusable.

X2 :ter:

beaniemac

Dec 12, 2008
Chi-Town (South Side)

what vick did was wrong, but how he's been crucified by the media is bullsh*t. esp when u got cats like leonard little, and stallworth free as a bird. also, I say, since he's did his time, and lost plenty $$, and being in the nfl, its time to get over it. Thats just my opinion tho. and this is coming from a dog/cat owner, as well as football fan.

that being said, charlie murphy was great as usual. he's always a great guest. howard was annoying me by rushing the interview due to having 3 guest on one day.

TOM C.

Oct 25, 2008
Charleston SC
I'm so tired of listening to Howard saying Vick should be kicked out of the NFL, and when the people who actually killed other human beings are mentioned Howard redirects the conversation to how bad of a person Micheal Vick is.

:bigclap:

No one is in the NFL that has been convected of murder. I'm tired of that comparison DUI, car wrecks, ect... are not planed, the only murder I can remember was the guy on the Panthers, and he is in jail. Vick should have got 2 years per dog he killed or hurt.

I think that he should still be in jail, but now he is out he should be able to play.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Howard trying to equate the Vick situation to sexual offenders is a giant stretch. Yes, both are pretty heinous acts, but on 2 completely different levels. Attempting to keep him out of the NFL, especially after he did time, is stupid. The fans will decide how things work out for Vick. I think there will probably be plenty of people who don't give a shit what Vick did off of the field as long as he paid for the crime, and as long as he can still play football.

Spokker

Jan 15, 2009
A lot of the people who care about this shit don't watch football anyway. I could say that I'm boycotting the Super Bowl and all the games Vick plays in, but I was going to practically do that anyway.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
Michael Vick is a soulless S.O.B. I can't wait to see him come on the field and he receives the hate that he deserves from the audience. I hope when he comes on the field the crowd makes sounds like a dog being tortured but then again he would probably like that.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio
No one is in the NFL that has been convected of murder. I'm tired of that comparison DUI, car wrecks, ect... are not planed, the only murder I can remember was the guy on the Panthers, and he is in jail. Vick should have got 2 years per dog he killed or hurt.

Maybe the fatality was not planned with a DUI, but the decision to take the chance (or being careless) is. Donte Stallworth had a chance to make the homicide never happen = he was drinking at a hotel. Teammate Braylon Edwards was drinking with Donte and could have had the same lapse in judgement - but - he booked a room and stayed off the road. Stallworth has enough money to get his room.

Leonard Little (Rams) had pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter in 1998 in a DUI accident after being over twice the legal limit. After an eight game suspension, he was back on the field. I won't be surprised to see Stallworth back in uniform this season, or after the season ends.

v1ru5

Oct 24, 2008
Harrisburg PA.
AGREED. Artie has made the best point so far, "it doesn't matter how big of a piece of shit you are, as long as your good at something, you get a pass"
And that's messed up. He should be banned from the NFL for life. It's a very bad example for younger football fans. Banning him from the NFL is NOT stopping him from working, isn't he college educated? does he HAVE to play football to make a living? Put that "college education" to work someplace else and keep him out of my face. His wife and kids should be VERY concerned for their safety.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
AGREED. Artie has made the best point so far, "it doesn't matter how big of a piece of shit you are, as long as your good at something, you get a pass"

As long as you're good at something that people will pay lots of money for. The car mechanic is good at fixing my transmission, but he's going to have a lot tougher time than Vick if put in the same situation.

We're all good at something. Some talents are rarer than others though, and usually pay off more and earn you certain other privileges in life. Vick is very good at running and throwing a football. It's a very nice talent to have in America.

Steel Cranium

Nov 12, 2008
NorthEast Ohio

Did he graduate early or after moving to the NFL?

Wonder which will be a bigger gamble: Vick or Favre as a QB? Vick should be able to do OK if he can clean up his image - probably had a lot of time for working out when in the slammer. Favre is probably a long shot for making it to the playoffs after a full season.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Did he graduate early or after moving to the NFL?

Wonder which will be a bigger gamble: Vick or Favre as a QB? Vick should be able to do OK if he can clean up his image - probably had a lot of time for working out when in the slammer. Favre is probably a long shot for making it to the playoffs after a full season.

I don't know if he actually got a degree or not but he was at VA Tech for 3 years. He redshirted his first year and then played two seasons.

Vick is certainly the more risky signing due to his off-the-field baggage. But he's not being brought in to be the starting QB, he's just expected to contribute here and there. It's not a risk at all as far as what he brings to the game.

Favre isn't a gamble since the Vikings really had no other viable options at QB. The defense is solid though and he has Adrian Peterson to hand it off to. Plus the NFC North isn't that strong of a division. I think if Favre stays healthy (big if) then they'll make the playoffs.

Sorry to turn this into the NFL forum!

Last edited: