Thank god for PitCommand!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
Easy....... Do they have the scanner feeds on the Pit Command under Track Pass or do you have to run both Pit Command and the Scanner options at the same time? I subscribe to the Raceview package and run both Raceview and the Scanner options at the same time. Raceview has all of the driver feeds on it just like the Scanner option. Last week I listened to Jr's channel and the track officials channel at the same time. It's very interesting to hear how the event is run from the tower, from the pre-race through the post-race. There's allot more involved than most people would imagine.

riskybzns

Oct 11, 2008
land of confusion
Easy....... Do they have the scanner feeds on the Pit Command under Track Pass or do you have to run both Pit Command and the Scanner options at the same time? I subscribe to the Raceview package and run both Raceview and the Scanner options at the same time. Raceview has all of the driver feeds on it just like the Scanner option. Last week I listened to Jr's channel and the track officials channel at the same time. It's very interesting to hear how the event is run from the tower, from the pre-race through the post-race. There's allot more involved than most people would imagine.

i used to juggle between the race feed, mark channel, matt's channel and the officials feed when i used to go to alot of races and like you said, there is alot of things that are involved on raceday.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I don't think many people understand how things work at the track. Most specifically cautions & cleanup of the track.

foyt

Oct 23, 2008
South of Terre Haute
I enjoy listening to Race Control on my scanner at the races. It's not as entertaining as listening to the MRN/PRN off-air show, but you can learn a lot listening to it.

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
I've never listened to it at the track, only at home. When I am at the track I switch between drivers that look like they are in the middle of a battle or drivers having issues on the track.

Easy Money

Oct 25, 2008
MS
www.myspace.com
I listen to race control mostly at the track. I heard them rip Kyle Petty a new one when he wouldnt comply, the tower basically told his assigned official to get the point across that they were having a race, not a parade! I dont remember the circumstances that caused this, but it was hilarious!

dpkimmel2001

Nov 6, 2008
PA
It sounds at times like an air traffic controller directing the safety & cleanup crews around the track.