TEXAS and OHIO STATE

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well, I think OHIO STATE is giving TEXAS all they can handle at this point. Very defensive game on both sides right now.

This should be a interesting one in the 2nd half.

TEXAS 3
OSU 6

All the guys on Fox are saying if Ohio keeps pounding the ball they are going to beat Texas.

I of course want Texas to win, but they seem a bit flat on offense, though looked a bit better at the end of the 2nd quarter until Colt threw the damn interception, that was a dumb throw Colt. GEEZ!

I hope the coach gets them fired up.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The Bobcats are playing tonight? Not to be picky, but it's Ohio State!

I figured this game would be close in the first half thanks to Ohio State's defense, but I expect Texas to blow it open in the 2nd. This game is tough to watch...I dislike both teams pretty intently.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana
Well the Horns just Hooked Um!!!

Texas 24 OSU 21 (Final)

I LOVE FREAKING BOWL GAMES! There has really been some great ones this season.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
Now if only Thursday night's game can be that dramatic...

I think it's safe to call that the game of the bowl season so far. Texas looked like they were going to run away and hide after they went up 17-6, but a lot of credit to Ohio State for fighting back and taking the lead late. The Buckeyes played much, much better than I thought they would.

DAB

Mod Emeritus
Oct 9, 2008
Louisiana

I think it's safe to call that the game of the bowl season so far. Texas looked like they were going to run away and hide after they went up 17-6, but a lot of credit to Ohio State for fighting back and taking the lead late. The Buckeyes played much, much better than I thought they would.

I agree with you there, I hope Thursday Nights game is as good and I really think it will be.

My hats off to OSU they really did continue to fight and push forward. Both coaches are class acts and of course both schools are fantastic! Two GREAT programs!

There was a part of me that hated for the OSU fans because they were so happy there for a few minutes.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
McCoy sort of got a little redemption tonight too. Of course, he was the one who back in November had to watch Harrell throw that last second TD to beat him. Tonight, he was able to perform the same trick.

But we all know Harrell to Crabtree was a lot better.

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH

Thats what I tried to tell you. They are much better than people give them credit for. I think the main problem is the defensive cordinator for Ohio State. Yes they played very well and didn't gtet blown out like evryone thought. Anyway I just got back today from Glendale and I must say I had a great time. Texas fans were very classy and nice. We hung out a little bit after the game with a lot of them. Their cheerleaders are soooooo damn sexy. Well AJ it's good to be back. I'm glad your still on here doing what you do.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Thats what I tried to tell you. They are much better than people give them credit for. I think the main problem is the defensive cordinator for Ohio State. Yes they played very well and didn't gtet blown out like evryone thought. Anyway I just got back today from Glendale and I must say I had a great time. Texas fans were very classy and nice. We hung out a little bit after the game with a lot of them. Their cheerleaders are soooooo damn sexy. Well AJ it's good to be back. I'm glad your still on here doing what you do.

I am glad you had a good time. During Texas "fast break" offense in the 3rd quarter, we should have burned at least one time out to get a breather and get the defense more set. We left 2 time outs on the table at games end.

mccastle

Oct 24, 2008
South Louisiana
Do you think Tressell will be fired? He has not won a bowl game in the last three years. Coaches have been fired for less. What do you think?

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
Do you think Tressell will be fired? He has not won a bowl game in the last three years. Coaches have been fired for less. What do you think?

No, Tressell still beats Michigan each year (only lost once since 2001). It is a great rivalry game and I look forward to it more than the bowl game unless it is for a national title.

In 13 seasons, John Cooper only beat Michigan 2 (I said TWO) times. :bigcry:

Ehilbert1

Ooh-Rah!!!!
Oct 13, 2008
Columbus, OH
I am glad you had a good time. During Texas "fast break" offense in the 3rd quarter, we should have burned at least one time out to get a breather and get the defense more set. We left 2 time outs on the table at games end.

We were all thinking the same thing. I have no idea why they didn't. They showed that helmet to helmet hit on the big screen and there was no way in hell it was. Even Texas fans said we got hosed on that call. Anyway I won't make any excuses. Texas made the plays in the final seconds. That was a great game. I just wish we could have pulled it off. The funny part was at half time when Texas fans and I'm sure the nation were shocked we held our own. Our defense played very well and I'm really proud of them.

Last edited: