Test Your ISP Speed

SSF

Oct 12, 2008
New Jersey
www.tss-radio.com
I just switched from Embarq (formerly Earthlink) to Comcast for my ISP. I only signed up for the 6mb speed but am consistently exceeding 25mb! Test and post your HOME ISP!

Last edited:

Sirius Rich

Oct 11, 2008
Houston
I am just barely getting by.

348569283.png

Oct 29, 2008
I had been with Suddenlink cable internet for a while. I had been very unhappy with them for a while. The end of the line came when watching hockey games online were constantly buffering. I tested my speed multiple times. I was paying for 8 megs. I never got anything close to it. I was told by others Suddenlink does not own enough bandwidth for the amount of customers they have in the area. Many others are unhappy with the service as well. I was also told cable connection works different then phone line connection. Your speed changes with cable depending on how many customers are online. With DSL your speed tends to be more consistent. I now have ATT DSL, but I purchase it through a sub that sells the same service. So I get local support instead of ATT support from out of the area. My performance is way better with the DSL. Live hockey game streaming works great with 1.5 megs, but next week I will be getting 3 megs service. My Suddenlink service was terrible. We are in a isolated area so are choices are limited, but ATT seems real solid connection so far. I was getting Mcafee firewall free with my Suddenlink. I got rid of that, and picked up AVG instead. My computer is also working better with that change. Much better in fact.
Sorry not sure how to post a screen shot.

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
This is sort of on the lower end of what I get. Using a wireless lan connection. Could probably be a bit better using a hard connection to the router...

They promise "up to" 15/2. We're happy with them...service is very good.

Evil_Ernie

Smell my finger
Oct 11, 2008
Hell

Not bad, but SSF's download speed is phenomenal.

Another server 200 miles away gave different results.

Last edited: