terrestrial signal in Daytona Beach?

mcf57

Dec 5, 2008
I have a relative who lives in the Daytona Beach, FL area and wants to put SIRIUS in their future high rise condo. I am helping them out and while their unit pretty much faces the northwest skies, it might not be convenient to run a SIRIUS antenna to a window facing the north or west since the stereo will probably be on an opposite wall.

An option I am keeping in mind is the signal repeater, but I see it is now discontinued so not sure I will be able to do that or get a hold of one in time for when they eventually move into this new condo.

I am in the Atlanta area and know they have ground antennas/repeaters in my area and I can get a terrestrial based signal when I get closer in to town. Does the Daytona Beach, FL area by chance have any kind of ground repeaters so a terrestrial signal can be obtained and then antenna placement in the condo wouldn't be such a big deal and/or issue?

limegrass69

Confused
Oct 12, 2008
New York
I doubt that there is a repeater in Daytona Beach.

In general, the Sirius repeaters are concentrated in urban and densely populated metropolitan suburbs.

Daytona is relatively flat and reception is generally good.

Take a look here: DogstarRadio.com Sirius Radio Satellite and Repeater Map
I'm not sure how up to date, but it could give you a general idea.

Sirius will tell you that the only way to guarantee reception is an outdoor antenna with an unobstructed view. If you are unable or not willing to do that (or at least get the antenna to the window), you may be better off trying to procure that signal extender, or looking at a broadband streaming solution. Otherwise, you may have a hit or miss sort of situation. On the other hand, things may be fine. You'll have to fool around and try some different things out. You might get lucky.

shabadoo25

Oct 12, 2008
You're going to need an antenna and/or the home repeater. The nearest satellite repeater is in downtown Orlando--not going to do you any good.