Taxes And Fees

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
Obviously, there's the base rate of whatever it is now (I pay a discount rate).

The question is this... when I pay "taxes and fees" are those the taxes of my local jurisdiction, or are those NY taxes because that's where SiriusXM is?

Or am I totally confused on the whole thing?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
This years royalty fee for a full ride package was $33.34, last year was $27.66. My renewal notice has the taxes and royalty rates built into the one price, or are they wrapped up into the base price now?? I'm confused now as well. My total for a year shot up to $273.22 for the All Access package. I need to go online app only, that price has gotten to be ridiculous.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Sherbet is NOT and NEVER WILL BE ice cream.
Oct 11, 2008
Toronto, ON
They are local taxes based upon where your official address is. I pay taxes in Ohio. I should shop around and move to a lower tax state for my fake us address.

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
This years royalty fee for a full ride package was $33.34, last year was $27.66. My renewal notice has the taxes and royalty rates built into the one price, or are they wrapped up into the base price now?? I'm confused now as well. My total for a year shot up to $273.22 for the All Access package. I need to go online app only, that price has gotten to be ridiculous.

Last I checked it was the same price for "online only" vs "online and radio." Then again, I get All Access for a year for half off, sooooooo...

blueneon36

Mar 10, 2009
Pittsburgh
This is exactly why I cancelled my subscription last year and I haven't looked back. I should have pulled the trigger for lifetime when it was $399.00, but I didn't.. and I regret it! I miss Satellite at times, but $273 a year for All Access for 1 Radio/1 username for online access is pathetic.

What ever happened to "The merger of Sirius and XM will be good for all consumers. It will drive prices lower and make it more competitive with internet-based services"? Bulls**t.

In 2005, I paid $142 per year for satellite radio and online streaming in total, without calling retention and having to beg for a special rate. 2nd, 3rd, 4th radios were $6.95 each. No Royalty Fee BS, which is clearly a cash grab for the most part.

Satellite has doubled in cost over the past 5 years and hasn't offered anything new or exciting to its customers to justify the cost increases. Howard does less shows than his first contract. The app is unusable at times. XM Radio drops out alot more often in my area than Sirius does. I have to pay extra to hear Howard/NFL Games on the XM radios in our vehicles. All disadvantages.

For now, I will continue on with Slacker, Google Play Music, and TuneIn Radio for BTLS... of which I pay $0.00 for. ;)

Reactions: semipenguin

HecticArt

Administrator
Oct 19, 2008
Toledo, Ohio
I still listen for about 10 hours a day during the week, and it's the easiest way for me to listen. I still find value in it, I just wish I had been with it enough to get the lifetime before it went away.

Reactions: blueneon36

Kryptonite

Oct 21, 2008
I absolutely know I've gone through many more than three radios, so I'm sure the lifetime wouldn't have been good for me.

As far as the royalty fees, they really don't have many options...do they take it out of the base fee?

geosync

Oct 13, 2008
Portland, Or
5 days until my radio shuts down. My friend on my plan will shut off too. Both have all access. I think we'll give it a week and see if they offer us anything.