Talk The Dog Updates

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Hey All-

I decided to start a new thread to post all of what's going on in the TTD world.

Since I have not had a chance to listen to both of last weeks shows (and hopefully more people will chime in on all the shows) I am only adding one show this week. The NASCAR race for the July 4th weekend is the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona, and I have polled the DRC NASCAR people on which show should be featured, and they responded. This week TTD is featuring Sirius Speedway with Dave Moody.

So fire up those satrads, listen up, and get to rating! :eek:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
(CRICKETS CHIRPING)

Pretty quiet around here.... :rolleyes: :whistle:

Hope everybody made it through the fourth will all their digits and survived the first day back to work. :bigthumbup:

Was going to post a new show Sun., but was enjoying the last of my 4-day weekend and unpacking camping gear. If I have time this week, but I'm aiming at sunday at the latest. We had a request for a financial/economic show, so I was thinking like Jim Cramer, unless there is another show you think we should be listening to. Let me know, I'm pretty open. Later all!

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
It's really slow right now. Even Walk the Dog is slow right now. We're basically done with it, and I'm glad. I don't think it will pick up until after summer :shock:

I'm glad you're pressing on :)

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
It's really slow right now. Even Walk the Dog is slow right now. We're basically done with it, and I'm glad. I don't think it will pick up until after summer :shock:

I'm glad you're pressing on :)

Thanks to everyone for the words of encouragement. :eek:

I have to keep reminding myself that unlike Walk the Dog, where you can essentially tune in any time to the specific channel, people have to make an effort to either tune into a channel at the specific time or record the Talk The Dog show. So unless you are like me and usually set the recording time when a new show comes out (once in awhile :p ), then you you to remember to listen.

I will keep posting new shows to rate maybe one every other week during the summer, and look forward to everyone's feedback.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Wait, two weeks have gone by? Holy cow! anyway, I haven't seen much (any) posts, so I decided to let everything ride for one more week. Still looking for suggestions, so feel free to chime in. Happy listening

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Is it officially a hiatus now?

Hi all-

My top 5 reasons for not getting a new Talk The Dog posted

5. Laptop hard drive crashed, which had the list of past and future shows I wanted to do.

4. Been swamped at work

3. New developments in the relationship department

2. A new puppy that not only needs to be house trained and is all over the place, but also became seriously ill with Parvo.

and the NUMBER ONE reason.....

1. I'M A SLACKER!!!!!!:rolleyes::sorry:

Anyway, I need to go back through and try and re-compile the list... or even better, you tell me what you want to hear! (I'm starting to feel like a pitchman here trying to get ideas). Unless there is a huge disaster work-wise in the next few hours, I should be able to cobble a new entry out, something education-y for the back-to-schoolers.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Yes, I am still a slacker. Where did September go? I swear it was here a minute ago...

Anyway, I have really been working on keeping TTD up behind the scenes, mainly waiting to see if people had a chance to listen to Talk of the Nation Science (I didn't), and setting up a way to keep track of shows featured, suggested, etc. I always tell myself I will post a new one on Sunday, but it never gets done.

Anyway, I did post the 14th installment, Radio Classics! :bigthumbup: read the thread for more details, as we are reviewing a whole channel, not one show.

As always, I am always open for suggestions. Should be including BOXM shows too? One thing I have been kicking around is maybe featuring "popular" shows like Stern, O & A, Ellis, etc. Let me know what you think.

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Hi all-

Hope you're halloweenie was spooky and fun filled. (mine was filled with moving :eek:mfg: )

First, thanks to everyone for their participation in Talk the Dog so far, I really appreciate it.

Second, I just posted the new installment, more NPR and Radio Times. so listen, rate and hopefully enjoy.

Third. Suggestions, I am waiting for them. Shows, whether we should include the BOXM channels, and whether we should be doing the "popular" shows.

Allanon

Oct 17, 2008
Here are some suggestions.

Doctor Radio:
- Various shows: Nutrition, Sexual Health, Men's Health, Health Care Connect, etc.

NPR Now:
- Marketplace

NPR Talk:
- Marketplace Money
- Tech Nation

Comedy shows? (Sirius's schedule is no big help here)

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Allanon, I have updated my list. thanks for the suggestions! I too was going to try a comedy show, something like one of their "behind-the mic" specials they usually have on the weekends, but alas, I can't find a schedule for them. Maybe we can do just a whole channel sometime.

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
FYI-

I was hoping to fit one more installment in this year, but it just ain't happening. Look for the next TTD in 2010. Hope everyone has a happy holiday season, mine is really special this year as I am getting married on the 19th! :purpbanana::scared:

Thanks for continuing forward with Talk the Dog!

Congratulations and the best of luck to you on your upcoming wedding and marriage! :bigthumbup:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
Janesville, MN
FYI-

I was hoping to fit one more installment in this year, but it just ain't happening. Look for the next TTD in 2010. Hope everyone has a happy holiday season, mine is really special this year as I am getting married on the 19th! :purpbanana::scared:

Congratulations! :bigclap:

down4six

Oct 14, 2008
Southern Colorado
www.twitter.com
Look who's back, back again.... :wave:

Hope everyone survived the holiday season.

Just thought I'd write a quick note saying TTD is back on, I just posted the 16th installment, Marketplace and Marketplace Money, so check it out and get to rating! Also, still looking for suggestions as always.