Talk Radio XM 165 changes 5/11

Nov 12, 2008
One minor change. Glenn Beck replay is out.

talkradio_schedule511.gif

Randi Rhodes is added to the lineup, live from 3-6 PM ET.

flap_jackson

Nov 10, 2008
I thought Randi was on America Left? Anyways, what a change from Randi Rhodes to Glenn Beck. Both flamingly mad radio hosts on polar opposites of the political spectrum.

Nov 12, 2008
Randi hasn't been on America Left for months. Her previous syndicator Nova M Radio went bankrupt and shut down. Their other national personality, Mike Malloy, is now syndicating himself.

Nov 12, 2008
They certainly did. They liquidated their assets to a company called On Second Thought, and Sheldon Dronby attempted suicide and failed. Not kidding.

Chob

Oct 11, 2008
Albany, NY
www.kingbubba.com
They certainly did. They liquidated their assets to a company called On Second Thought, and Sheldon Dronby attempted suicide and failed. Not kidding.
Wow.

I read up on that and On Second Thought also went under. And Malloy is now syndicating his show himself. I wish Sirius XM could get him exclusively. An uncensored Mike Malloy would be awesome.

almaniac27

Nov 12, 2008
Kent, Ohio
Wow.

I read up on that and On Second Thought also went under. And Malloy is now syndicating his show himself. I wish Sirius XM could get him exclusively. An uncensored Mike Malloy would be awesome.

Malloy has mentioned several times that he would love to be on Sirius XM so he could really let loose.

Nov 12, 2008
He's his own employer now. If what he says is true he could offer them an exclusive fourth hour on a barter basis, but since he IS still syndicated, his affiliates might see it as an undermining move.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
ya know, one really wonders if sirius actually cares if they have a liberal channel. i think that we only have 4 hours of actual live progressive programming, the one hour of thom hartmann from 12-1 and mike malloy.

what i would do to have an actual progressive channel with actual LIVE shows on it instead of samuels, bennett, and thompson taking up broadcast minutes.

Nov 12, 2008
ya know, one really wonders if sirius actually cares if they have a liberal channel. i think that we only have 4 hours of actual live progressive programming, the one hour of thom hartmann from 12-1 and mike malloy.

what i would do to have an actual progressive channel with actual LIVE shows on it instead of samuels, bennett, and thompson taking up broadcast minutes.

So what's your definition of a liberal/progressive show? You say 4 hours but they have 15 hours of live content per day. I assume you don't consider Bill Press part of the group either. I think Sirius cares enough that they hired exclusive hosts to do weekday shows, which is something XM never did.

ctkatz

Oct 11, 2008
i don't think bill press is live. if he is, up that number. (i'm not up at that hour so obviously, i'm not an active listener).

if sirius cared so much to hire exclusive hosts, perhaps they should also listen to their shows once in a while to check up on that. i hear lynn samuels is still raking obama over the coals and she's allegedly a liberal. my complaint, as well as other listeners of sirius's "liberal" channel is that the exclusive hosts aren't very liberal and are a lot closer to being centrists than liberal. if they want to be centrists, go be on potus.

macfanatic010

Nov 8, 2008
if sirius cared so much to hire exclusive hosts, perhaps they should also listen to their shows once in a while to check up on that. i hear lynn samuels is still raking obama over the coals and she's allegedly a liberal.

agreed. the concept of having satrad-exclusive hosts and programming is great because it definitely adds value to the service, but Sirius definitely dropped the ball when it comes to hiring liberal hosts that are competent and make for good radio.