SXV200V1 Aftermarket tuner

Discussion in 'SiriusXM 2.0' started by TSS Taylor, May 21, 2012.

1. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

Hey All

We got in the new SXV200V1 Aftermarket Tuners and I just wrote a blog about it here.

Here are some tidbits about it.
    -All you need now is the Tuner and Antenna. If an Aftermarket radio is "SiriusXM Ready" it won't need a translator unlike most prior situations.
    -It will allow you to receive the 20+ Xtra Channels which is a big bonus for many who've discovered some of those cool channels on the App or Online Service.
    -It's branded SiriusXM which really means it works and operates on the XM side and uses the XM Satellites for coverage.

Depending on the Aftemarket Radio you use it with you will get these features.
    -The Replay Feature allowing you to Pause, Rewind and Fast Forward up to 60 Minutes of Satellite Radio
    -Song, Artist, and Team Alert
    -Tag songs and purchase later on iTunes

And also right now if you are adding it to your account or are a brand new subscriber it's eligible for the $50 Rebate going on. So considering we are selling it for $69.99 if you are eligible for the rebate it's only about $20 after rebate.
  2. TSS Taylor

TSS Taylor DRC Fan

3. DAB

DAB Mod Emeritus

On March 20, I purchased the Sirius-XM SXV100V1 XM In-Car Tuner and Antenna. It of course doesn't pick up the newer stations, but I love it. They are so simple to install and make a clean installation is so much easier without having to deal with that dumb translator part.

That is a great deal on these with the rebate. Mine works great and looks great with my JVC head unit big full 6" display.

If I was interested in those extra stations I'd swap up, but for now I am happy with the one I have. However, if you have a 3rd party head unit, this is the baby to get.

Instant on, fast channel changes, it supports pause/rewind and artist/sports alerts provided your 3rd party head unit support these features.
  4. machpost

machpost Member

I wish there was a device like this that I could plug into the OEM Sirius tuner in my Volvo to allow me to get the XM service and the new extra channels.
  5. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

Like an upgrade module?
    It seems like there would have to be a hundred different versions of it. It's probably easier to get a new stereo at that point.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
  6. machpost

machpost Member

Yeah, I have a feeling that the actual Sirius tuner is a little black box buried somewhere in the dash, and it would be cool to have the ability to just swap it out, but I guess that will probably never happen. And I'd just replace the radio with an aftermarket unit, but the way everything is integrated in cars like this, it's nearly impossible without heavy modifications...

[​IMG]
  7. HecticArt

HecticArt Administrator

As George would say, "Oh my!"
    That is quite the console.
    Drop TSS a line to see if it really is a module hiding back there. I think they can look it up for you. They have tracked sown a couple of different cars for me in the past.