Super Bowl Memories...

Aaron

Oct 10, 2008
South Louisiana
If you think back, What are some of the first Super Bowls you can remember?
Also, which ones have been your favorites?

For me, I definitely remember Super Bowl XVIII - Raiders vs. Redskins. I was for the Raiders, my parents rooted for the Redskins.
I'm surprised I don't remember any Super Bowls before that one... I remember watching LSU games that took place two and three years before that Super Bowl.

My favorite Super Bowl was XX - Bears vs. Patriots. I loved that Bears team!
I liked Super Bowl XLI - Colts vs. Bears, because I was glad to see Peyton Manning win a championship (ironically against the Bears).
I also liked XXXIV - Rams vs. Titans, because it was a great game, and I won money in the office pool. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I can remember watching the Steelers when I was really young. I can't remember which one it was. I just remember Dallas almost one it, but the receiver dropped the ball...:shock:

The first one I really paid any attention to was Steelers-Rams SB. Everyone know the Rams were going to lose, but it was nice to see LA represent...:)

My favorite was 23. Montana to Taylor (not Tom...:shock:). I guessed that SB match uphalf way through the season...:D

Last year was a good one, too. I had picked the Patriots to win, but I had said half way through the season that if the want to the SB 18-0, they'd lose the SB...:worried:

:)
Posted via Mobile Device

MadisonRadio1

MadisonRadio
Oct 17, 2008
Madison, Wisconsin
Superbowl IV Vikings vs Chiefs is my first recollection; watching the Vikings through the playoffs with my dad. We wanted the Vikings to win it all, they didn't. Then the 1972 Dolphins. I remember having my folks order me a stocking cap through Sears or Penney's about mid season.

Supafly

Oct 12, 2008
93'? SB between Dallas and Buffalo. DT Leon Lett picked up a fumble for a sure touchdown to make the score 59-17, the most points ever by the winner (San Fran 55)

Don Bebee for Buffalo ran him down from behind as Lett showboated towards the end zone with the ball held out like a fool. Bebee knocked the ball out of his hand at the 1 foot line and it went through the back of the endzone for a safety.

Lett had a history of boneheaded plays (Miami in the snow was the worst).

What made me think of him was that I saw him in a TGIFriday's about three months ago stuffing his face with hotwings.

Add: The 1st SB I remember well was Buffalo and the Giants. I think it was Scott Norwood that missed the kick for Buffalo. Man the Giants were boring back then. Like they are now.

AJ_II

Oct 13, 2008
Houston, TX
The first Super Bowl I have vivid memories of is XXIX between San Fran and San Diego. I must have been nine or ten years old at the time. Anyone remember the Charger tight end Alfred Pupunu? To this day I still think his end zone celebration is my favorite...he'd use the football as a prop and pretend to drink cocunut juice from it (he's Tongan). Then they also had Stan Humphries, Natrone Means, Tony Martin, a young Junior Seau, and a very young Rodney Harrison. I really grew to like SD after they beat the Steelers in the AFC Championship, but they sure did get blitzed by the 49ers.

My favorite Super Bowl is probably XXXIV between Tennessee and St. Louis. Not only was it an awesome game, but I was so high when Mike Jones denied Kevin Dyson that touchdown in the final seconds. It was tough enough to see the former Houston Oilers in the Super Bowl just a few years after they had moved away...seeing them lose it like that kind of made up for it though.

TSSJimmyCoN

Oct 13, 2008
Chitown
www.tss-radio.com
Superbowl XL in my hometown of Detroit (WHAT???)

Best part of the whole weekend was my friend from L.A hooked me up with some all access tickets to the maxim party.

Let's talk about that night briefly.

It began with me Literally running into Jim Belushi on the red carpet (nicest guy ever) and then calling Terry Crews a McAsshole. It peaked when I tried to take a picture with Mike Tyson and when I tried to put my arm around the guy he reared back like he was going to hit me. Understandable.... I then called Shannon Sharpe a jerk for interupting my conversation with John "Spider" Salley and he wouldn't tell me where Tom Arnold was. I then watched George Wendt from cheers try to hit on some fat old bag (or that might have been George Wendt) and sat on stage while Wyclef sang some awesome songs. My night started to wind down when I sat and had a drink with Crooked mayor, Kwame Kilpatrick (who had no security around him, the dude is a beast) and I told Matthew Lillard that "without a paddle" was the worst movie I had ever seen. My night repeaked when I interupted Darius McCrary's conversation with several lovely girls and told them all he was Eddie Winslow from Family Matters. They all laughed at him and left all the while he was like "NO NO CMON!!!". Best C-Block ever. My night ended when I tried to get into V.I.P to see Jessica Alba by telling security I was Dr.Dre's protege and I "DAMN WELL BETTER BE ON THE LIST"....when they actually asked Dr.Dre (are you serious) I was kicked out. Unbelievable night.

goreds2

Oct 14, 2008
OH H.....EYE OH
I have sooo many memories. I cannot name one. :twisted:

Super Bowl X: I did a COPY/PASTE here. This was so awesome when I saw this in Super Bowl X:

Jack Lambert and the Steel Dynasty went on to win four Super Bowls (IX, X, XIII, and XIV) in ‘74, ‘75, ‘78, and ‘79. One of the most memorable moments for fans and teammates was in Super Bowl X. Pittsburgh’s kicker, Roy Gerela, was called to kick a 33-yard field goal and missed it. In Bill Chastain’s book, The Steel Dynasty: The Team that Changed the NFL, it is written that, after that play, “[Cliff] Harris taunted the Steelers kicker by patting him on the helmet following the miss. Jack Lambert, who was on the field–goal team, didn’t find any humor in the Cowboys safety’s act and slung him to the ground.†That incident alone shows the type of character that Lambert brought to the field; he stuck up for his teammates. He is one to stick up for what is right.

Plus, no penalty was called. :jj:

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
The one play that can sum up the Steelers Dynasty was not anything that happened in any of those Super Bowls. It was the Immaculate Reception...:shock:

Without that play. there was no dynasty...:)
Posted via Mobile Device

Ifandorbut

Oct 12, 2008
Montana to Taylor...I jumped out of my seat...that was one hell of a Super Bowl.

me_rubin

Oct 11, 2008
Herndon, VA
Not to take anything away from the game itself, My favorite thing about the superbowl is the commercials.

There was that Hot Go Daddy commercial, The always funny bud Bowl. There is always lots of clever advertising.

I heard this year Durex will take out a commercial. I know they just posted this cute one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uqt3Zb7BItA"]YouTube - Durex Get it On![/ame]

Vargas

Molon Labe!
Oct 16, 2008
Western, PA
Let's see:

1. Jerry Rice diving in the air and before landing out of bounds wraps his arm around the pylon and scores. Then later, Montana to Taylor (who doesn't remember that).

2. Pats methodically beating the Rams. Too bad Oakland should have been the champs that year because IT WAS A FUMBLE (still bitter).

3. My Oakland Raiders beating the Redskins

4. Philly loses to the Pats (I hate the f'in Eagles)

5. WIDE RIGHT--Norwood blows it.

IronJabroni

Oct 13, 2008
Super Bowl XIV Steelers/Rams...Steelers come back from a massive 19-17 deficit to win 31-19...poor Vince Ferragamo.