Subutex

Forevernever

Dec 3, 2008
artie is back on the subutex, if he isn't doing heroin and Subutex doesn't get him high and is just an opiate blocker why would :wah: artie :wah: need Subutex to help him get through the day.

Subutex and Suboxone: Questions and Answers

Just another lie.

I've turned the corner on this guy. His "fuck you, I'll do what I want" attitude is the real Artie; "Nice Guy" Artie was the lie he told to gain people's trust and sympathy.

Or its all just a professional wrestling plot line.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I think the answer is that he is using again. The subutex is a placebo that helps him make it through the day until he can get to Delaware. The mood swings, the violent outbursts, the lack of caring about himself or his job all point to abuse. Since he's probably self-medicating, more than likely he's not even taking enough of the stuff to help.

But as with many users, it won't change until something drastic happens. Not sure that losing his New Year's Eve show is even enough to show him that it could all go away in an instant.

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I think the answer is that he is using again. The subutex is a placebo that helps him make it through the day until he can get to Delaware. The mood swings, the violent outbursts, the lack of caring about himself or his job all point to abuse. Since he's probably self-medicating, more than likely he's not even taking enough of the stuff to help.

But as with many users, it won't change until something drastic happens. Not sure that losing his New Year's Eve show is even enough to show him that it could all go away in an instant.

I have to disagree with you about Subutex being a placebo its a synthic narcotic, see below

1. What are Suboxone and Subutex?

Subutex and Suboxone are medications approved for the treatment of opiate dependence. Both medicines contain the active ingredient, buprenorphine hydrochloride, which works to reduce the symptoms of opiate dependence.

4. How are Subutex and Suboxone different from the current treatment options for opiate dependence such as methadone?

Currently opiate dependence treatments like methadone can be dispensed only in a limited number of clinics that specialize in addiction treatment. There are not enough addiction treatment centers to help all patients seeking treatment. Subutex and Suboxone are the first narcotic drugs available under the Drug Abuse Treatment Act (DATA) of 2000 for the treatment of opiate dependence that can be prescribed in a doctor’s office. This change will provide more patients the opportunity to access treatment.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
I have to disagree with you about Subutex being a placebo its a synthic narcotic, see below

I meant placebo in the mental sense, in that it really isn't doing anything for Artie because he still goes home and does heroin.

Artie claims that it is an opiate blocker, however, most descriptions of the drug indicate that it is meant to relieve the symptoms of withdrawal associated with opiates. In fact:
"The most common reported side effect of Subutex and Suboxone include:
cold or flu-like symptoms
headaches
sweating
sleeping difficulties
nausea
mood swings."

Sounds like Artie. Add in some of the other parts, such as missing work, I think he's probably abusing both substances.

Bark

Hey Now!
Oct 15, 2008
Frederick, MD
Do you think Artie fantasizes about a naked Jersey-10 giving him a Crumbs' cupcake sprinkled with heroin as she goes down on him? I think he does.

jef

Power Pig, Hello!
Oct 12, 2008
Do you think Artie fantasizes about a naked Jersey-10 giving him a Crumbs' cupcake sprinkled with heroin as she goes down on him? I think he does.

I'm feeling a tingle thinking about it happening to me, so....

jamesp717

Oct 13, 2008
Hey Now

I had the unfortunate experience of being associated with a few methadonians years back. They would claim that methadone wasn’t getting them high just maintaining them so they could function. They would tell me this as they nodded and swayed back and forth like a buoy in rough seas.

My understanding of Subutex is that it is the next generation Methadone and is not intended to be used like artie uses it.

If artie wasnt artie, he would fit right in with the methadonians waiting outside on 8th ave for the clinic to open.

JMO

Oct 22, 2008
Little Silver, New Jersey
I have a very dear friend who has been on oxycodone for about five years.
She is an addict.
On occasion, she "cleans up", mostly because her illegal supply dries up.
Then she takes suboxone, but within weeks ends up getting more oxy, gives up sub and starts the cycle all over again.
Without therapy and support this is how ALL addicts will behave.
And just imagine the connections Artie has, oh, and he can pay any amount named.
Sad, but he's not alone.