Subscription Cancellations

Bookworm

Oct 12, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I have two secondary subscriptions that I'd like to cancel. One expires 11/26/09 and the other 07/26/10. Anyone have any experience, lately, with this situation? The 11/26 one is no big deal but if I cancel the other one will they refund the remaining amount or transfer it to my primary account? Will I incur any penalties since I've had both these secondary accounts for well over a year each? I know that I could call CS but I'd prefer to hear from "real world" experiences. Thanks for any enlightenment anyone could provide. :)

semipenguin

Cheeseburger Connoisseur
Oct 11, 2008
I would call. The ToS says they can charge you $75 for cancelling :shock:

Worst comes to worst, you have all that time to enjoy you radios :)
Posted via Mobile Device

lronglien

Nov 10, 2008
Cancelling

When I've cancelled in the past, they've allowed the radio to stay activated until the end of the subscription period. I'd just call and see what they are willing to do for you.

xan_user

Banned
Dec 16, 2008
Nor-Cal
"I moved to the forest, none of my home radios get satellite signal any more, so unfortunately I need to cancel two radios but keep one for the car."
If that wont fly, you should be able to put a hold on your account and then cancel after the end date. Holds only last 2 months at a time so you'd have to keep re-holding.

YMMV- This all worked prior to the merger, dunno if it still would.